Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What name to put during transactions

Options
  • 17-10-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Dear Sir/Madam, 

When I applied to open an account with BOI, I gave my full name that was printed on my passport (first, middle and last name). On my Visa Debit Card, the middle name has been shortened to just one alphabet initial. 

I would greatly appreciate if your good self could please advise on:

1. Whether I write my full name that I gave the bank, when I'm registering to pay for items such as monthly broadband 

and

2. Whether I write my full name or the name printed on the card (the one with the middle name shortened)  when someone asks for cardholder name 

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi ChaosD

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although the name on your card has been shortened, your full name would still be on your overall account. When you are asked to sign for anything with your card i.e. Broadband, you can use you full name.

If you are purchasing online or over the phone and are asked for the name printed on the card, you can provide the shortened version of your name, which is printed on the card.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get back to us.
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChaosD

Hi ChaosD

Thanks for getting in touch.

Although the name on your card has been shortened, your full name would still be on your overall account. When you are asked to sign for anything with your card i.e. Broadband, you can use you full name.

If you are purchasing online or over the phone and are asked for the name printed on the card, you can provide the shortened version of your name, which is printed on the card.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to get back to us.
    Laura
    Dear Laura, 

Thanks very much for the information! 

Cheers, 

Advertisement