Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plumbing and wiring a house

• 17-10-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭

Hi

I tried posting this already but didn't get the response I was hoping for. I'm currently in the process of buying a partly finished house. My father in law is going to do most of the work to finish it. However he is unable to do the electrical and plumbing works so I'm wondering could amyone give me a rough estimate as to how much it would cost to plumb and wire a 4 bedroom house. I currently live in Australia and have no idea how much this sort of thing would cost. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

aido79 wrote: »
    Hi

I tried posting this already but didn't get the response I was hoping for. I'm currently in the process of buying a partly finished house. My father in law is going to do most of the work to finish it. However he is unable to do the electrical and plumbing works so I'm wondering could amyone give me a rough estimate as to how much it would cost to plumb and wire a 4 bedroom house. I currently live in Australia and have no idea how much this sort of thing would cost. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    10-15k totally dependent on your requirements, type of fittings & fixtures and specification

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Mr.Fred

Is this house in Ireland or Australia?

I'd have thought if you allow 5-6k for a mid spec wiring and perhaps similar for the plumbing it'll depend a lot on what you want in the house for instance is every room en-suite? home heating oil/gas/stove?

It could cost anywhere between 10-20k depending on specification.

Call a few contractors and get some quotes they'll usually do this for free and most plumbers will know a spark and vice versa.

If your can come to an agreement with the contractors that you or your da will chase all the routes for cables/pipes it will save on labour costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Mr.Fred wrote: »
    Is this house in Ireland or Australia?

I'd have thought if you allow 5-6k for a mid spec wiring and perhaps similar for the plumbing it'll depend a lot on what you want in the house for instance is every room en-suite? home heating oil/gas/stove?

It could cost anywhere between 10-20k depending on specification.

Call a few contractors and get some quotes they'll usually do this for free and most plumbers will know a spark and vice versa.

If your can come to an agreement with the contractors that you or your da will chase all the routes for cables/pipes it will save on labour costs.

Thanks. The house is in Ireland. I'm getting a friend to wire it and have a plumber that's been recommended. My main problem is that I haven't actually seen the house and until all the contracts have been signed I can't really get any quotes.

Advertisement