Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know why the UCD minors were removed?

Options
  • 17-10-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if there was a reason given as to why minors were removed form the arts omnibus program?

Seems like a bad idea.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭UCDCritic

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if there was a reason given as to why minors were removed form the arts omnibus program?

Seems like a bad idea.

Can you do only joints now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

UCDCritic wrote: »
    Can you do only joints now?

They told us you can only do joint majors until at some point the major/minor combo MAY become available to you. What the hell does that even mean! :(
    Devastated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

I was talking to a student about this and she told me that the Dean mentioned that the major/minor is still available on paper, just not openly visible - meaning that it is still written as available in some official booklet. Ergo, if its still on the official papers, there would be a valid argument for them to provide it.
    Sorry my info isn't better, I was a few jars in when the convo took place.

Awful if this is gone for good. I'm doing a major/minor and I'd hate having to do a joint in the minor. Even an additional module would kill me at this point

Maldesu wrote: »
    I was talking to a student about this and she told me that the Dean mentioned that the major/minor is still available on paper, just not openly visible - meaning that it is still written as available in some official booklet. Ergo, if its still on the official papers, there would be a valid argument for them to provide it.
    Sorry my info isn't better, I was a few jars in when the convo took place.

Awful if this is gone for good. I'm doing a major/minor and I'd hate having to do a joint in the minor. Even an additional module would kill me at this point

I was thinking this myself, when I looked at the prospectus and put UCD as my number one, I was under the impression that I'd be able to do a major/minor. To say otherwise is lying!

I was thinking this myself, when I looked at the prospectus and put UCD as my number one, I was under the impression that I'd be able to do a major/minor. To say otherwise is lying!

Go speak to Joe Brady. He's the Dean of Arts. You can find him in the Geography Block. H010.

• Advertisement

Maldesu wrote: »
    Go speak to Joe Brady. He's the Dean of Arts. You can find him in the Geography Block. H010.

Would the programme office not be my first port of call?

Usually, for general info. But go to Joe expressing your disappointment about the major/minor thing and see if he tells you about the loophole. You have nothing to lose anyway

Advertisement