Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Kangoo CV boot problem!

• 17-10-2013 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone out there help with Renault part numbers for CV boot on the old model Kangoo 65, 1.9D.?

Spurious boots from motor factors are not suitable for my Kangoo.

Does anyone with Renault experience/access to Dialogys system know the correct part number for my van or could you point me in the direction of a website that could help my search?

I'm sure others have had the same problem accessing Renault parts info.

Thanks in advance, all help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

• Registered Users Posts: 13 grey duster

Unfortunately not compatible with 02 Kangoo 1.9D (non turbo).

Need a CV boot that has an inner tongue on shoulder to locate on hub end of CV joint.

After market boots don't stay located hence my problem.

Thanks for your reply, I'll keep trying at my end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How about the whole driveshaft?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-KANGOO-1-9-DIESEL-DRIVESHAFT-O-SIDE-NEW-98-02-/130501456707

Sounds mad but I fitted one of these CV joints last year which has done 35k miles and not a problem. Interparts was the name on the CV joint.
    This way its not much more than a boot, definately less than a genuine boot. and probably faster to fit.

Thanks, CJhaughey.

I may have to go the new driveshaft route. Isn't it crazy to think that a new d/shaft is a more feasible option than replacing the CV boots?
    Renault dealer I tried doesnt seem to be able to help. They say Kangoos that old dont come in for repairs- only warranty repairs on vehicles up to 3 yrs. old. Trying to find Renault part nos. on-line seems nigh on impossible! Must be fatigue of the boot thermoplastic in my case, as both boots failed within 10 days of each other. These are the original boots! 11 years, must be great material in originals!

Thanks again

bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

what year is it?

2002 1.9 D Kangoo!

7701 466 349

Hi Technoprisoner.

How did you come up with that Renault P/No.?

Have you Renault spares catalogue. I'll try on Monday.

Thanks for that!

i work in a motor factors. You might want to confirm that because it doesnt show me the inner parts that you require... but you might recognise the boot if you google the part number

• Advertisement

Technoprisoner,

I tried that P/No. on a few websites, but its not correct.

But thanks for your help, anyway.

Technoprisoner,

I tried that P/No. on a few websites, but its not correct.

But thanks for your help, anyway.

french cars arent great for listing cv boots or even cv joints. a lot of the time the only option is a whole drive shaft

Advertisement