Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

24Mb on Ballinalee Exchange

Options
  • 17-10-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Hi,

Former Eircom Broadband customer. I had a 1Mbps package, on which I got around 700-800Kbps and regular disconnects (hence me moving away).

I see now when I check my line that up to 24Mb is an option. Has anything actually changed on the Ballinalee exchange to support this, or have you just discontinued the old 1/3/7Mb packages? Basically, would I actually see any difference compared to my old 1Mb package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Popple3 wrote: »
    Hi,

Former Eircom Broadband customer. I had a 1Mbps package, on which I got around 700-800Kbps and regular disconnects (hence me moving away).

I see now when I check my line that up to 24Mb is an option. Has anything actually changed on the Ballinalee exchange to support this, or have you just discontinued the old 1/3/7Mb packages? Basically, would I actually see any difference compared to my old 1Mb package?
    Hi Popple3

I can confirm that the 'up to' 24mb package is now standard for NGB enabled lines (depending on what the line can hold). The 1,3, and 7mb packages still exist for non NGB enabled areas.

I see previous queries you have had with us and I can confirm that your line still will not be able to hold more than 1mb download speeds due to the distance of your line to the exchange.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement