Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER Insurance

• 18-10-2013 7:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi
    Looking to see if anyone has experience of an Insurance Claim against an Assessor - say for example - foot through the ceiling from the attic or ruptured water pipe etc ? My query is - should the claim be successful - will the Assessors premium rise - as is sometimes the case with other types of Insurance ?
    Comment welcome - thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭blacktea

assuming you are speaking as an assessor- personally i would avoid having to go through the insurance if it were for a minor claim, as you say for broken ceiling etc. Just pay the few hundred yourself and put down to experience. If its a bigger claim such as negligence, incompetence etc. Then that's a different matter.

its likely your premium will rise based on general insurance trends although im open to correction.

fortunately i have not had any insurance claims of either type mentioned above btw

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭descol

blacktea - yep I am an Assessor and anticipating a possible claim - thanks for your comment -

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

similar to your car insurance if its less than a certain amount, id leave the insurance claim free

Advertisement