Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who sells broadband only on fixed line?

• 18-10-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

I`m looking for a broadband only service on fixed line. Vodafone are the only ones I can find who offer one, not interested in any added call package the others are peddling.

Does anyone know of any other provider and can anyone currently on the Vodafone simply broadband max give me an idea of the quality of the service?

EDIT - Forgot to say I am interested in up to 24MB offerings, not in a fibre area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

iPhone. wrote: »
    I`m looking for a broadband only service on fixed line. Vodafone are the only ones I can find who offer one, not interested in any added call package the others are peddling.

Does anyone know of any other provider and can anyone currently on the Vodafone simply broadband max give me an idea of the quality of the service?

Digiweb/Smart, UTV, Magnet.

I have smart €30 quid a month deal broadband only and I get around 12mb download speed with 350GB cap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Masala

I get around 12mb download speed

....is that correct???? Sounds bad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Vodafone is not great.

Speeds are very patchy.... About 9mbps at best... Often much lower. (I live close to an exchange).

Just like their mobile side, usage limits are pathetic.
    15gb per month.
    You can pay €3 more for an extra 30gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Masala wrote: »
    ....is that correct???? Sounds bad!!

Depends where you live of course, 12mb is fastest my line can take so its the fastest any company can give me here. It's grand for my needs. I am currently living on the outskirts of Dundalk, the package is upto 24mb speed for DSL for €30 a month or you can get fibre in parts of Dundalk which is upto 70mb speed for €35 or €40 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks for taking the time to offer your info/experiences folks, I should also have mentioned in my OP that I am only interested in up to 24MB offerings, Not in a fibre area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

From the ones mentioned so far, here's what's available to me - for up to 24MB broadband only -

Digiweb/Smart - €40.61

UTV Connect - €17.00 + Line Rental @ €26.50 = €43.50

Magnet - €45, for some reason it would be €35 if I was in a fibre area.

Vodafone - €32 if you are a mobile customer which is easily accommodated.

Advertisement