Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Storey House - Alarms needed on all windows for insurance?

Options
  • 18-10-2013 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I know this might be slightly more insurance related than security related but we have a 3 storey house with 10 windows, 3 external doors and a garage.

What would be sufficient to install as a security system on a house like this for both practical and insurance reasons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I think if you want it monitored you need all windows covered and most insurance companies only give the discount for monitored alarms these days. I could be wrong of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭kop-end

To be honest, I personally would not avail of the discount offered by your Insurance company for a monitored alarm. Are you aware that if you, for some reason, fail to arm the alarm at night or going out during the day, or if their is a fault with the phone line / sim card signal, your insurance aompnay will not pay out in the event of a burgulary??

Just bear that in mind before you avail of the discount, I did. !!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭BobMcBob

+1
    Have an alarm, but don't inform the insurance company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Have to agree, for the little discount offered it is not worth it.
    If you are claiming the system is an EN50131 system also it needs to be serviced every year to keep it up to this standard.

Advertisement