Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet places in Cork City center

Options
  • 18-10-2013 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was browsing through the threads here to find this information, but couldnt find much recent info.

I need some quiet places in the center of the city, I want to tutor a person after work but we both live in shared appartments, it's not convenient for either of us to meet up at our rooms.

Do you know of any bars, restaurants, coffee shops, ... which are quiet enough for this? The place should be open between 7PM - 10PM on weekdays.

I was thinking about the Quay Co-op on Sullivan's Quay, but I dont know if they're open late enough.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

You answered your own question!
    They are open till 9.. But since they recently changed everything around,you might want to recheck

They also hire rooms

The enterprise on the corner of barrack st might be a spot..

Or the bodega can get very quiet ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

I think the hall area in the UCC Student Centre is still open until 10PM each night. Usually a number of free tables available. No one would ask you for ID.

There's a café right beside it too. Prob about a 15 minute walk from the city centre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I have language classes during the week, and usually go to the Webworks (an Internet cafe on Winthrop St.) It's not really quiet, but it's open 24 hours; and they're fine with people going in buying a coffee and staying for quite a while. When that's too busy I've tried Cafe Bar Deli (usually quiet, but not open very late), or bars like Souths (in the Imperial) or Le Chateau - both of which are fairly quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

One of the hotels perhaps? Also I think Cafe Serendipity on Western Road is open until 10pm. The Quay Co-op should be open until at least 9.30 and the top floor room is normally quiet.

Advertisement