Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Power city & DID have manual dial for 139.

I'm thinking of reserving one in currys with the new digital dial is that the only difference? I've been considering one of these for over a year now but just can't bring myself to buy it as I had the actifry from Tefal and thought it was muck so don't want this to be an expensive kitchen ornament but judging by how well it's reviewed both here and on Amazon etc I hope I'm wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Tefral

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Power city & DID have manual dial for 139.

I'm thinking of reserving one in currys with the new digital dial is that the only difference? I've been considering one of these for over a year now but just can't bring myself to buy it as I had the actifry from Tefal and thought it was muck so don't want this to be an expensive kitchen ornament but judging by how well it's reviewed both here and on Amazon etc I hope I'm wrong!

dooo it! I cooked steak and sweet potatos in it the weekend.. delicious. My oven has become an ornament since we got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Why do you want a manual over digital ?

Well... it would cost less to start with. Also- I have the manual one myself and wanted to get a present for my parents of the same model. Think they be happier using a manual rather than digital.

I use the oven so much so hoping this would make it handier. What's the steak like out of it as I'd usually George it. I'd mainly want it for freshly cut chips and fries, I know it won't taste anything like deep fried proper chips but if they taste better then dry ovens chips I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Masala wrote: »
    Well... it would cost less to start with. Also- I have the manual one myself and wanted to get a present for my parents of the same model. Think they be happier using a manual rather than digital.

Manual is more expensive

• Advertisement

I use the oven so much so hoping this would make it handier. What's the steak like out of it as I'd usually George it. I'd mainly want it for freshly cut chips and fries, I know it won't taste anything like deep fried proper chips but if they taste better then dry ovens chips I'll be happy.

Great for chips and steak
    Peel and cut and soak for 30 minutes for perfect chips

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Lidl rib eyes. 2 for €12. 14 mins in airfryer at 200C. Turn after 7. Yo u will not look back.

dodzy wrote: »
    Lidl rib eyes. 2 for €12. 14 mins in airfryer at 200C. Turn after 7. Yo u will not look back.

That's me off to lidl lol

That's me off to lidl lol

In addition, chop up a few onions, peppers and some cherry tomatoes and bang them in on top of the steak 5 mins from finish. You can thank me later;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭screamer

That one has 0.8l capacity it seems small is it?

• Advertisement

In addition, chop up a few onions, peppers and some cherry tomatoes and bang them in on top of the steak 5 mins from finish. You can thank me later;)

I'm sitting trying to talk myself out of buying this but looking at all the tasty dinner ideas I'm practically drooling on my phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Got one of these a while back... definitely worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

How good of a bargain is this price in Curry's? What's it retailing at in other shops here in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Trying to keep up, which model are yis talking about.
    That tefal one I got is for the lumphammer.

Edit: im up to speed now , it's the 9220 (digital) or 9230 (manual)..

I'm still hanging out for a good price on the 9240 on camelcamel :(

I know this is a philips thread but why have folks ruled out the breville halo+ with 1.2kg capacity? Example

I've bitten the bullet and bought this in Currys earlier. Sweet potato & garlic salt have been added to my shopping list for tomorrow and make some garlic mayo, yum.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Trying to keep up, which model are yis talking about.
    That tefal one I got is for the lumphammer.

Edit: im up to speed now , it's the 9220 (digital) or 9230 (manual)..

I'm still hanging out for a good price on the 9240 on camelcamel :(

I know this is a philips thread but why have folks ruled out the breville halo+ with 1.2kg capacity? Example

Check the reviews
    Only Phillips are getting decent reviews
    Mine is on now cooking some chips after soaking for 30 minutes

I've bitten the bullet and bought this in Currys earlier. Sweet potato & garlic salt have been added to my shopping list for tomorrow and make some garlic mayo, yum.

I was worried it would be another kitchen gadget that wasn't used but that's far from the case, I've binned the George foreman now
    No need for it really

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I purchased this Airfryer (manual version) back in November 2012. It has been the best 'bargain alert' purchase I've ever made. I would highly recommend this gadget. (Apart from the health and taste side of things, I think it's a great purchase for anyone with young children or elderly parents living with them, you don't have to be concerned with boiling hot fat scalding them).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was worried it would be another kitchen gadget that wasn't used but that's far from the case, I've binned the George foreman now
    No need for it really
    I would never use the George Foreman for cooking meats but it's fantastic for making toasted sandwiches ;)

screamer wrote: »
    That one has 0.8l capacity it seems small is it?
    it comes with a seperation rack but realistically, it only feeds 2. (Or 1 if you're in the mood). Not taking anything away from it as a top addition to your kitchen.
    mjp wrote: »
    How good of a bargain is this price in Curry's? What's it retailing at in other shops here in Ireland?
    €129 is a decent enough price for the digital. The €109 last year was a superb deal. Knowing what I know now, I would not hesitate to buy the 9230 now at €129. Procrastination=lbs;)
    I'm sitting trying to talk myself out of buying this but looking at all the tasty dinner ideas I'm practically drooling on my phone!
    just succumb to your obvious weakness and buy the thing!

• Advertisement

Ok ok, I'm gonna hold my hands up and admit you were all right here that love this gadget!

I bought the digital one in currys yesterday for €129 and I've made both homemade fries for himself & sweet potato fries for myself then threw in some onion bhajis & samosas that I bought in tesco earlier all turned out lovely. I was particulary happy with chips as they were much nicer then the Tefal actifryer which I gave away years ago.

I didn't get a divider with mine I got a wire rack which will be handy for sausages (I'll try at weekend)

My one gripe is that I wish it was a bit bigger. Overall I think this is going to get used regularly and am glad I seen this here and bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Ok ok, I'm gonna hold my hands up and admit you were all right here that love this gadget!

I bought the digital one in currys yesterday for €129 and I've made both homemade fries for himself & sweet potato fries for myself then threw in some onion bhajis & samosas that I bought in tesco earlier all turned out lovely. I was particulary happy with chips as they were much nicer then the Tefal actifryer which I gave away years ago.

I didn't get a divider with mine I got a wire rack which will be handy for sausages (I'll try at weekend)

My one gripe is that I wish it was a bit bigger. Overall I think this is going to get used regularly and am glad I seen this here and bought it.

Yet another Boardsie with the teeth marks of Bargain alerts ripped into their wallet:D

I've been watching this myself but am holding out for a lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,320 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Got one myself for €115 about 3 years ago (that was a bargain back then!) and it is just great. The only drawback is the small capacity, but the larger one was more than twice the price at the time. And I find that it can easily handle 1kg of chips (instead of the just 0.8kg stated capacity), just shake them a few more times while cooking ;)

Incredibly versatile machine. Just one silly and not so healthy example: my 9 year old can take a baby Margherita pizza from the freezer, stick it in the airfryer, switch it on and safely take the cooked pizza out after 5 minutes. How quick is that??!!

I've cooked a whole small chicken in it (45 minutes, without pre-heating) and lots and lots of other stuff. There are plenty of experiences / recipes to be found on line too. Seriously handy machine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

8 mins is plenty for lovely medium rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

I never considered buying one of these but reading these comments makes me feel like I need one in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

It's the best purchase I ever made........ Chips without messing around with oil.

Also .... No steaming of the kitchen with smell or condensation

Would recommend strongly

• Registered Users Posts: 25,520 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

won €500 on the horses tonight so will treat myself and see what all the fuss is about :D

How big is the cooking tray in these? I seen a video of someone cooking a small chicken with roast potatoes in 30 mins. That's not this model is it, must be the next size up from this one?

How big is the cooking tray in these? I seen a video of someone cooking a small chicken with roast potatoes in 30 mins. That's not this model is it, must be the next size up from this one?

The 9240 is ideal for the chicken. Its the next one up indeed. That said, the smaller unit will accommodate a very small chicken and cook it from raw in 45mins approx. Quality is superb. Ideal 2 person snack.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote:
    The 9240 is ideal for the chicken. Its the next one up indeed. That said, the smaller unit will accommodate a very small chicken and cook it from raw in 45mins approx. Quality is superb. Ideal 2 person snack.

That'll do, I'll pick one up the weekend so. I was gonna buy a new George foreman as the one I have is in its way out but the air fryer looks a better investment

Advertisement