Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

I see my local lidl still has a few of their own brand air fryers. Anyone have any experience of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Add me to the list of people who swear by their airfryer. In fact, this weekend, I was roasting a chicken, and it had been so long since I'd used my oven, I briefly couldn't remember how to turn it on :p

One thing though, and this is probably neither the time or place, but after 1+ year of heavy use, I've not found a decent way of giving it a good deep clean. I've tried the various oven and kitchen cleaners on the market, but nothing really gives me that feeling of cleanliness. Any success with anything except vigorous elbow grease?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

corblimey wrote: »
    Add me to the list of people who swear by their airfryer. In fact, this weekend, I was roasting a chicken, and it had been so long since I'd used my oven, I briefly couldn't remember how to turn it on :p

One thing though, and this is probably neither the time or place, but after 1+ year of heavy use, I've not found a decent way of giving it a good deep clean. I've tried the various oven and kitchen cleaners on the market, but nothing really gives me that feeling of cleanliness. Any success with anything except vigorous elbow grease?

I use fairy and hot water after every use

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=HD9220/40&dct=QAD&faqview=1&refdisplay=AIRFRY_TROUBLE_08&refnr=0085351&scy=HK&slg=ENG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Agree with above. Mine is seriously greased up with the oil/grease nearly welded to the base. Am afraid to use a 'scrubber' of any sort as I don't want to damage the internal paint etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I do THIS every time I use it (every day) and still looks like new ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Masala

Kat1170 wrote: »
    I do THIS every time I use it (every day) and still looks like new ;)

Hi KAT... picked up on your kind reply earlier in the thread and indeed went out and bought the said Orange bottle. I still use same weekly BUT I think I left it too late to get the 'hard-stuff' off. However - for any NEW buyers... I would recommend that product BUT insist that they start early on the cleaning and don't wait (like me!) weeks before cleaning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Is it a Teflon coating? I thought detergents were a big nono for teflon

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Is it a Teflon coating? I thought detergents were a big nono for teflon

Phillips link already posted with the aftercare for this product

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Question, do you need to coat everything lightly in oil before putting them in the Airfryer or can you cook things without oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Question, do you need to coat everything lightly in oil before putting them in the Airfryer or can you cook things without oil?
    No oil. Just fire away. Tip: line the base (not the basket) with tin foil before use, pressing the foil neatly down. Bin it when you're done. Helps a lot with cleaning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've had this a few years and I love it. Hell, I've BAKED A CAKE IN IT and it was the most moist well baked cake I've ever made.

Phillips also have an Airfryer app they they regularly update with new recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dodzy wrote: »
    No oil. Just fire away. Tip: line the base (not the basket) with tin foil before use, pressing the foil neatly down. Bin it when you're done. Helps a lot with cleaning.

I'd recommend a little oil if you are making homemade chips as they will turn out crap otherwise.

I also use the 1kcal spray oil when cooking chicken breasts. They turn out a lot nicer with a few sprays of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭patch

clairek6 wrote: »
    I see my local lidl still has a few of their own brand air fryers. Anyone have any experience of them?

I bought the lidl one and find it great.
    While you're there pick up the hot and spicy bag of chicken wings in the freezer. It cooks them perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I'm looking to get one of these now. (I wasn't sure until reading this thread, now I must have one!)

One quick question....

The Digital one seems to be 250 euro from Currys but the manual one is 99 pound sterling on amazon.

Is there really such a big advantage in the digital one to make it worth over double the price or am I missing something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I'm looking to get one of these now. (I wasn't sure until reading this thread, now I must have one!)

One quick question....

The Digital one seems to be 250 euro from Currys but the manual one is 99 pound sterling on amazon.

Is there really such a big advantage in the digital one to make it worth over double the price or am I missing something?

I got the digital version in Currys for €129 a fortnight ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Casey78 wrote: »
    I got the digital version in Currys for €129 a fortnight ago.

I got digital one for €129 last night, last one left in liffey valley.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Just rang Curry's there and through to their sales team in uk and says price is €249 for digital version. Does anyone know if this offer has expired or if any in stock in carrickmines. They don't have direct tel number for stores available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

mjp wrote: »
    Just rang Curry's there and through to their sales team in uk and says price is €249 for digital version. Does anyone know if this offer has expired or if any in stock in carrickmines. They don't have direct tel number for stores available

Offer is expired and even if they have stock, price will be €249.
    Wait of it, offer keep coming back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I've had this a few years and I love it. Hell, I've BAKED A CAKE IN IT and it was the most moist well baked cake I've ever made.

Phillips also have an Airfryer app they they regularly update with new recipes.

I was going to install the app but my GOD, it wants a crazy amount of access to your device!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

deep1 wrote: »
    I got digital one for €129 last night, last one left in liffey valley.

One @ 129 left in Mahon Point last night (after I picked up a spare :D)

• Advertisement

One @ 129 left in Mahon Point last night (after I picked up a spare :D)
    Why have one....when you can have 2 for twice the price;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mjp wrote: »

the manual one is still 139 in DID if yer interested!
    Linkey

Amazon would be a lot cheaper than Currys now for the digital at about 160odd euro
    Linkey

Linkey

Amazon would be a lot cheaper than Currys now for the digital at about 160odd euro
    Linkey

About €146 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9230-20-Collection-Airfryer/dp/B00FA294ZA?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creativeASIN=B00FA294ZA&linkCode=xm2&redirect=true&smid=A3VFUZM40S6WGD&tag=pric097-21

Or if money is no object, you can get the big brother for a few bob more, but be quick ! Only 3 left ! ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9240-Airfryer-Avance-X-Large/dp/B017ZAB2ZY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1469193097&sr=8-7&keywords=philips+airfryer+9240

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Linkey

Linkey

This hd9220-20 one is currently only £83 on Amazon and works out at about €108

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2/

Is the Tefal Actifry one any use?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    This hd9220-20 one is currently only £83 on Amazon and works out at about €108

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2/

Is the Tefal Actifry one any use?

Actifry - not a patch on the Philips. Paddles the food too. Crap for chips. Wait for the deal to come back (regular enough to see them at the €129 price-point) or bite the bullet at €146 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭branners69

The XL version is €270 on Amazon any idea where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

branners69 wrote: »
    The XL version is €270 on Amazon and idea where I can get it cheaper? Thanks

It's €240 delivered on amazon.de

If you're not in any rush, I'd wait and check the amazon daily deals section each day as the XL one goes on sale often. I got mine for €177.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Checked carrickmines there and they back upto €250. He said that their deals run Thur morning to wed nite and to keep an eye out as could be back in next 4-5 weeks as they rotate them around.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭interlocked

dodzy wrote: »
    Lidl rib eyes. 2 for €12. 14 mins in airfryer at 200C. Turn after 7. Yo u will not look back.

I came home from the pub (very) late one morning before Christmas, turned on the internet and bought an Airfryer in the Black Friday deals on Amazon for £50!

Best investment ever! I use it all the time, steaks, chicken, chops, sausages, burgers, fish, veg, the lot.

Did the Lidl rib eyes in it last night, rubbed garlic, sea salt and a dash of rapeseed oil into them, put into the airfryer for four minutes each side, came out soft as butter, I'm going to try four minutes total next time to get them rarer.

Buy one, you wont regret it.

• Advertisement

Digital version for roughly €112 plus drop ship company ie parcel wizard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112063527304

He takes offers as well
    Worth a cheeky one to save another tenner

Advertisement