Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Digital version for roughly €112 plus drop ship company ie parcel wizard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112063527304

He takes offers as well
    Worth a cheeky one to save another tenner

Meh, I'd be wary.

Item specifics
    Condition:
    Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Digital version for roughly €112 plus drop ship company ie parcel wizard

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112063527304

He takes offers as well
    Worth a cheeky one to save another tenner

Doesn't deliver to NI so you would have to pay £23 to ship to you direct.

Also used, so no warranty. Worth paying extra to get the 2 year warranty, especially with the touch models as that's just another piece of tech that can cause problems.

The touchscreen on mine stopped responding so I had to get a replacement 3 weeks ago. Luckily I bought from amazon.de so it was simple enough. They sent me out a brand new machine. I put the old one in the amazon box the new one came in, attached a prepaid label and shipped it to them in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Okay my bad
    I did alright spotting the deal in currys the other day though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Are the white versions of these to be got anywhere? I want to get one but black wouldn't suit my kitchen at all.

henke wrote: »
    Are the white versions of these to be got anywhere? I want to get one but black wouldn't suit my kitchen at all.

If I mention amazon.de again Dav will ban me for shilling. :o
    It's on amazon.de for €175

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Got one in liffey Valley last night, was gonna wait till Saturday and all. Glad I made the trip now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

foggy_lad wrote: »
    This hd9220-20 one is currently only £83 on Amazon and works out at about €108

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2/

Is the Tefal Actifry one any use?

Got the Tefal actifry... for the bin now.. it works though with the casing around the fan removed... and electrics exposed:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Oat23 wrote: »

Thanks. This would probably come with an EU plug I'd imagine. Pity they are not more readily available here.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

Now reduced again on Amazon to £83.99.

Can't insert link but it's the same as linked in post #33.

After making a lidl rib eye steak and chips in 12 mins. Steak was juicey I must say. 12 mins probably 2 mins too long though..

• Advertisement

Thanks. This would probably come with an EU plug I'd imagine. Pity they are not more readily available here.

Correct. EU plug. I've never seen the white version with the digital display here to be honest, only the manual one a long time ago.

I picked up one of these for mine. Works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

After making a lidl rib eye steak and chips in 12 mins. Steak was juicey I must say. 12 mins probably 2 mins too long though..

You're a medium rare man so, glen;)

I'm 6-7mins each side (no preheating). Dee-lish.
    Correct. EU plug. I've never seen the white version with the digital display here to be honest, only the manual one a long time ago.
    I picked up one of these these for mine. Works fine.

Just cut the plug off and replace with a black 3-pin rather than fanny around with adapters.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I picked up one of these for mine. Works fine.

Hm, if it's a Schuko plug, then your adapter might not be the best type to use as it's not earthed. I'm not sure if the Airfryer power cable has an earth wire, but I'd imagine it does, so you'd need a Schuko adapter, like this:
    41DU78p-CxL._SY300_.jpg

Schuko plug:
    CEE_7-7.jpg

Or, as stated above, just wire up a proper square pin plug to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Made a test batch of buttermilk fried chicken last night in the airfryer and it came out really really well - genuinely tasted like deep-fried chicken :)

lDyjV7e.jpg

Looks like 5 dried up old fossils lol
    Cooking thread somewhere for that

Could break windows with that

Looks like 4 dried up old fossils lol
    Cooking thread somewhere for that

Lol, I'm guessing you used your fingers to do the counting eh?

B0jangles wrote:
    Lol, I'm guessing you used your fingers to do the counting eh?

Bazinga!

How did you prepare the chicken before putting them in the fryer?

Bazinga!

How did you prepare the chicken before putting them in the fryer?

:D I pretty much followed this recipe: http://smartkitchenpicks.com/air-fryer-fried-chicken/

Except I added a few more spices to to flour coating to jazz it up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im getting daily Camelcamelcamel alerts about the white Airfryer for some reason:

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-Airfryer-Healthier-Free-Fryer/product/B006023RLQ?active=summary&utm_campaign=products&utm_source=camel-view-product&utm_medium=email&context=alerts&ctx_pid=6079451&ctx_cid=20875321&ctx_aid=150444748&oelid=0N518D1W5B460S197&ctx_act=product&ctx_src=chart

Can be had for about €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

B0jangles wrote: »
    Made a test batch of buttermilk fried chicken last night in the airfryer and it came out really really well - genuinely tasted like deep-fried chicken :)

lDyjV7e.jpg[img][/img]
    Probably not as nice as your proper chicken made from scratch but in Centras they have a fresh meat section and theres a pack of hot and spicy buffalo wings for €2.50, Im addicted to them, come out perfect from the Airfryer, even a bit charred like they were on a proper grill.

• Advertisement

Ooh I love buffalo wings, I must try them!

One last thing about airfryering chicken - I was pretty impressed with how much oil came out of the chicken in the airfryer. I probably sprayed on about half a tablespoon before cooking them to get them crispy and there was easily 4 tablespoons of oil in the bottom after cooking the whole batch.

byte wrote: »
    Hm, if it's a Schuko plug, then your adapter might not be the best type to use as it's not earthed. I'm not sure if the Airfryer power cable has an earth wire, but I'd imagine it does, so you'd need a Schuko adapter, like this:

Schuko plug:

Or, as stated above, just wire up a proper square pin plug to it.

I linked to the wrong adapter it seems. The one I use looks like the one you suggested. :)
    dodzy wrote: »

Just cut the plug off and replace with a black 3-pin rather than fanny around with adapters.

I remember with a product I had previously it listed replacing the plug as something that would void the warranty, so I have not bothered doing that in case it causes problems later on.

The socket is behind the machine so it isn't seen anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Was about to hug you there but they don't deliver to Ireland.

Parcel wizard ?

Parcel wizard ?

Never used any of those type things before but yeah I'll check it out, thanks.

They deliver to your house or workplace
    Very handy for items like this where seller won't ship to Ireland

Nice one, thanks mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Same one is now £99, up from £83, on Amazon

• Advertisement

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Same one is now £99, up from £83, on Amazon

Did you forget the link ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B006023RLQ/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Advertisement