Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

foggy_lad wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0042EU3A2

The black one is a lot cheaper.

Someone asked for a white one to suit their kitchen that's why I posted a link

Personally I prefer the digital one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Going for £83.99 on Amazon now Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IwMMxbGYMCC62

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Davexirl wrote: »
    Going for £83.99 on Amazon now Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IwMMxbGYMCC62

Two days after I order one for £99.99 for the mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Is it dispatched yet? try to cancel and if it cancels you can order again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Is it dispatched yet? try to cancel and if it cancels you can order again.

Even if it says its dispatched get onto amazon chat and try and cancel it. Thats what I did on my airfryer and they were able to cancel it even though it looked like it was properly in transit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Davexirl wrote: »

Can this be delivered to Parcel Motel guys or is it too big? And when paying should one use the Amazon currency converter or not?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Can this be delivered to Parcel Motel guys or is it too big?
    IT would be free delivery to ireland as its over £25. They shipped mine in the orginal box, not sure if that fits in PM lockers.

If using PM you also save a small bit on the VAT difference, there is a break even point where its cheaper to pay the PM fees, though VAT is going to the UK government too if you care about such things.

It is usually best to pay in sterling and let the bank convert. I have recorded prices in the past and have always saved by paying sterling, however with the whole sterling thing now it could well be different. Years ago the difference was a lot, nowadays amazon are pretty close to the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

rubadub wrote: »
    IT would be free delivery to ireland as its over £25. They shipped mine in the orginal box, not sure if that fits in PM lockers.

If using PM you also save a small bit on the VAT difference, there is a break even point where its cheaper to pay the PM fees, though VAT is going to the UK government too if you care about such things.

It is usually best to pay in sterling and let the bank convert. I have recorded prices in the past and have always saved by paying sterling, however with the whole sterling thing now it could well be different. Years ago the difference was a lot, nowadays amazon are pretty close to the banks.

Thanks a million for that :-)

M

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any deals on the HD9240/90 - i.e. the larger capacity, digital one?
    Best I can see it on Amazon is 220 sterling- which while it is doubtless well worth it- is well beyond my limited budget..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

Best I can see it on Amazon is 220 sterling- which while it is doubtless well worth it- is well beyond my limited budget..........

Keep eyes open. Track on camelcamelcamel. Best we got was 187€ just after Christmas. You will not regret it ;)

rubadub wrote: »

Continue to pay in STG. you will always save, not millions, but you will save nonetheless...every time.

This site checks EU sites, but postage could be very high

http://geizhals.eu/philips-hd9240-90-avance-collection-airfryer-xl-hot-air-deep-fat-fryer-a1026992.html

I would check post to the UK too as it can be a lot cheaper to go from mainland EU to the UK than to here. And they would have EU plugs

This can't be right, surely??
    Your Account Amazon.co.uk Message From Customer Service Hello Jimmy,

My name is XXX. I am from the Leadership team at Amazon Customer Service.

I've reviewed your purchase for "Philips HD9220/20 Healthier Oil Free Airfryer - Black  " with order # 026-0445921-3569908 .

From your email I understand that you should've been charged for GBP 83.99 but when checked on the invoice shows that you're billed for GBP 102.50.

The Item price listed on our website are inclusive of UK VAT.

When checked your order your order also included the VAT of Republic of Ireland which is 23% of the item price.

When checked the item price you're charge was GBP 83.33 with an extra VAT of GBP 19.166 which beings a total of GBP 102.50.

This is the only reason you're charged more than the listed price.

I appreciate your understanding in this regard.

If you require any further assistance, please reply to this email. We'll assist you further.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
    Warmest regards,

I've never experienced this before with Amazon? Or am I wrong? (no harm if so)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,562 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It should have had UK VAT, which is 20%, included to begin with. That goes before the Irish VAT is added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

L1011 wrote: »
    It should have had UK VAT, which is 20%, included to begin with. That goes before the Irish VAT is added.

They should only charge you Ire vat, not Ire vat on top of Uk vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

This can't be right, surely??

I've never experienced this before with Amazon? Or am I wrong? (no harm if so)

£99.99 included British VAT @20%. They're obliged to charge the Irish VAT rate of 23%.

99.99/120*100=83.33 This is the price before any VAT

83.33*123/100=102.5 This is the price after VAT at 23%

If you were charged £102.50 in Ireland, for an item listed on Amazon uk at £99.99 including VAT, then that looks exactly right.

Lissavane wrote: »
    £99.99 included British VAT @20%. They're obliged to charge the Irish VAT rate of 23%.

99.99/120*100=83.33 This is the price before any VAT

83.33*123/100=102.5 This is the price after VAT at 23%

If you were charged £102.50 in Ireland, for an item listed on Amazon uk at £99.99 including VAT, then that looks exactly right.

I bought it at £99.99 and the final total was £102.50 (I've no idea why)

It was then reduced to £83.99. I contacted them and they advised me to cancel the existing order and reorder it at the lower price.

I cancelled it and then the price went back to £99.99.

I told them and the above was the response they sent me.

Totally confused on what to do now.

I bought it at £99.99 and the final total was £102.50 (I've no idea why)

It was then reduced to £83.99. I contacted them and they advised me to cancel the existing order and reorder it at the lower price.

I cancelled it and then the price went back to £99.99.

I told them and the above was the response they sent me.

Lissavane explained it perfectly. Basically, just take 20% (uk vat) from the ORIGINAL PRICE OF 99.99 and then add 23% (irish vat) to this figure.

I would cancel and wait for it to drop in price again.

It drops to £84 frequently.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9220-20-Healthier-Airfryer/product/B0042EU3A2

with Irish VAT you will pay more than £84.

You can set it up so camelcamelcamel email you when it drops.

It sounds like you told amazon you bought it for £83.99 but you were too late to get it at that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,562 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Kat1170 wrote: »
    They should only charge you Ire vat, not Ire vat on top of Uk vat.

That was what I said. The UK VAT has to be removed before the Irish is added. The difference is roughly 3% (not precisely) higher than the original price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Great for chips and steak
    Peel and cut and soak for 30 minutes for perfect chips
    dodzy wrote: »
    Lidl rib eyes. 2 for €12. 14 mins in airfryer at 200C. Turn after 7. Yo u will not look back.

could you do the steak and chips at same time?

L1011 wrote: »
    That was what I said. The UK VAT has to be removed before the Irish is added. The difference is roughly 3% (not precisely) higher than the original price.
    2.5% is the exact amount, 123/120=1.025.

There was some greasemonkey script/app thing that you could load up which showed the price you would really pay with Irish VAT while browsing amazon.

Some items are zero vat in the UK so you can get big savings if using parcelmotel etc, e.g. adult cycling helmets, and some sport nutritional stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

could you do the steak and chips at same time?

Depends how you like your steak but I find steak is best about 7 or 8 mins at 180 degrees. Skinny chips will also cook perfect in this time but thicker chips will obviously need longer.

Go to Aldi.
    Buy a bag of their Select Range chunky oven chips.
    14mins @ 200C.
    Enjoy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

dodzy wrote:
    Go to Aldi. Buy a bag of their Select Range chunky oven chips. 14mins @ 200C. Enjoy.

Ok i thought this gives option to make healthy fries....from potatoes ?? What's point in eating half cooked frozen fries full of oil...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

tharmor wrote: »
    Ok i thought this gives option to make healthy fries....from potatoes ?? What's point in eating half cooked frozen fries full of oil...

Try making homemade chips in the airfryer without oil and see how you get on. I'd rather just have mash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

tharmor wrote: »

1. Yes, its an option, so is using ready made oven chips.

2. Healthy ??? All in moderation as they say.

3. Yes, wonder of wonders, from potatoes, or just about anything else your little heart desires, what an age we live in :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Ha ha gud one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭henke

Has anyone tried or know of anyone who has the Duronic airfryer?
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Duronic-AF1-Healthy-1500W-Multicooker/dp/B00FQKCSAY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470057571&sr=8-1&keywords=duronic+fryer

I wonder how it compares to the Philips.

Advertisement