Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭dodzy

cathalj wrote: »
    Is it OK to put a raw steak in on top of the chips ? Would the blood of the steak not soak into the chips ?..... have one of these on order and just wondering do you just lash everything in together ?
    Thanks in advance.

Use the food separator, Steak on top. You don't get that much fallout from the steak in fairness. And if you're worried about poisoning yourself, then don't. 200'C will kill anything.

A dinner for less than €3. What a great time to be alive.

393439.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

dodzy wrote:
    Use the food separator, Steak on top. You don't get that much fallout from the steak in fairness. And if you're worried about poisoning yourself, then don't. 200'C will kill anything.

Is the food separator an attachment you have to buy separately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

dodzy wrote:

Bit of the lidl pepper sauce on that would be the job.

Where did you pick up the steak that cheap?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Where did you pick up the steak that cheap?

The kitchen display in ikea :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dodzy wrote: »

393439.JPG
    Sent pm for your address, I'll be over for the dinner in an hour!
    Is the food separator an attachment you have to buy separately ?
    It is the metal rack that comes with the digital version that was on sale in Currys. it is not supplied with the basic manual model.

foggy_lad wrote:
    It is the metal rack that comes with the digital version that was on sale in Currys. it is not supplied with the basic manual model.

Thanks for that info, didn't come with mine...... is it worth getting ya think ?

Yes, get it ;)

Food seperator definitely comes with the 9230 (the small digital one), but it does not come with its big brother unfortunately or the analogue model.

So......you need the hd9904.

It's available on Amazon.co.uk for 20£ (comes with a handy skewer set) but will cost you just over 26 pounds delivered unless you add items for free delivery.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9904-00%C2%A0Gill-4%C2%A0skewers%C2%A0-%C2%A0Accessory-Airfryer/dp/B00ITNG2RK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470379393&sr=8-1&keywords=Hd9904

However, our friendly Germans also have it for €9.99. Add about 7€ for delivery and you have it to your door for about €17.

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-HD9904-00-Gillrost-Airfryer/dp/B00ITNG2RK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470378956&sr=8-1&keywords=Philips+9904

EDIT:And while you are there, you could always pick up the baking accessory for a measly 6€:

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-HD9925-00-Backzubehör-Antihaftbeschichtung/dp/B00BQT5Y0A/ref=pd_sim_79_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41FP5Rpfy2L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=GN5QGTF6B41Z6EQRW1YV

Always keep an eye on Amazon.de as an alternative. That's where I picked up the 9240 for €180 just after Christmas.

Thanks for all the info Dodzy , appreciate you taking the time to research and post ! Fair play.

Thanks for all the info Dodzy , appreciate you taking the time to research and post ! Fair play.

No prob lad. Was just lying in bed with the Ipad looking for a way to delay getting up :)

I was thinking a mini group buy for the skewer rack from the .de site might be an option. Lets see if there's any interest. I'd take one as a spare anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Kat1170

If anything ever happened to my over and under separator I'd just make one out of an old grill tray ( old bbq mesh cut to size with small legs bent down would work perfectly I reckon )

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bm_1212

Hi - only found the thread an not read all the way thru it yet but is there a list of receipes listed anywhere on it?

Just picked up the tefal XL air fryer for 140 down in Kildare village- it huge but will do the whole family

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Doge wrote: »
    Ive went pescetarian since buying my Air Fryer so no more meat or chicken for me, but I tell you what, it does a great job on those Quorn vegetarian burgers!

Nice, tender and juicy from frozen.
    Try Aldis spicy bean burgers, the only thing Ive ever found that could tempt me away from meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

Cheap alternative ?? VonShef Air Fryer, Fat Oil Free Healthier Frying 1230W in Black - Free 2 Year Warranty https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015RC56LI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_t7tPxb37VD5EA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

what about this? any thoughts? looks like it would fit in the standard airfryer too..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9910-20-Accessory-Airfryer/dp/B00GP2YWDI

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

what about this? any thoughts? looks like it would fit in the standard airfryer too..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9910-20-Accessory-Airfryer/dp/B00GP2YWDI

Also interested in this, anyone have one, does it in fact fit in the standard air fryer? I love the fryer but the regular basket isn't ideal for everything and can be a pain to clean.

Also interested in this, anyone have one, does it in fact fit in the standard air fryer? I love the fryer but the regular basket isn't ideal for everything and can be a pain to clean.

Exactly. Would be great if you could even remove the mesh to clean separately.

Did some roasted carrots yesterday. This thing really is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im guessing you're not talking about pressing the button that separates the mesh and handle from the bottom pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Aldi or Lidl steak of you choice

Remove from package

Mix some olive oil and cajun seasoning to make a marinade

Rub marinade into steak

Place steak in tupperware and refrigerate for 24 hours

Preheat Airfryer for 3 mins at 180 degrees

Place steak on rack in Airfryer

Cook at 180 degrees for 3 mins

Turn steak and cook for another 3 mins

Let steak rest for 2-3 mins

Enjoy!

Ordered one of the non-stick trays. Kinda expensive but I figure will be worth it. I haven't used my air-fryer much recently, just fell out of the habit. But the other night I just put some frozen chicken goujons in it because I needed something quick and it reminded me how well it works. Going to use it a lot more from now on for sure.

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Im guessing you're not talking about pressing the button that separates the mesh and handle from the bottom pan?

No, thankfully :)
    Mean separating mesh from basket .

Ordered one of the non-stick trays. Kinda expensive but I figure will be worth it..

Deffo works with 9220?

Ordered this from Amazon Germany. €46 guaranteed delivery 10th August.

cancelled and reordered including the double layer item for an extra €10, not sure if they can be combined but cheap for this item.

€56 for the 2 to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Deffo works with 9220?

cancelled and reordered including the double layer item for an extra €10, not sure if they can be combined but cheap for this item.

Please excuse if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer but when I tried to order the baking accessory through Amazon Germany the delivery price is the same whether I use my own address or parcel motel, am I missing something ?

Deffo works with 9220?

Can you link to those items please.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Please excuse if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer but when I tried to order the baking accessory through Amazon Germany the delivery price is the same whether I use my own address or parcel motel, am I missing something ?

You're getting it sent to an EU address- rather than a German address. It views the UK Parcel Motel address- in an identical manner to an Irish address. If you're ordering from Germany- just get it sent straight here- there is no financial benefit on shipping costs to get it sent via the UK (indeed- its probable that it'll be beneficial to avoid the UK- depending on the carrier they use- DHL have a hub here which is cheaper than their UK hub- other carriers are probably different).

So I also cancelled my order from Amazon UK and ordered again from Amazon DE, got the extra rack thrown in for the same as Amazon UK were charging for just the first item.

Put Tesco finest fishcakes in last night, cooked them much better than the oven in under half the time.

You're getting it sent to an EU address- rather than a German address. It views the UK Parcel Motel address- in an identical manner to an Irish address. If you're ordering from Germany- just get it sent straight here- there is no financial benefit on shipping costs to get it sent via the UK (indeed- its probable that it'll be beneficial to avoid the UK- depending on the carrier they use- DHL have a hub here which is cheaper than their UK hub- other carriers are probably different).

Delivery to Ireland for the 2 items came out at €55.84 including STANDARD delivery (€8.67) which would take about a week. It did not provide an option to upgrade to priority delivery.

Delivery to UK (Parcel Motel) came out at €52.06 including standard delivery (€6.04) - a saving of €3.78 made up of the lower UK VAT (€1.15) and cheaper delivery to UK (€2.63).

Also, by selecting UK delivery, Amazon DE offered upgrade to Priority Delivery for an extra €1.50 guaranteeing delivery to parcel motel hub by Monday. So I took this option for an overall cost of €53.56 - that overall saving of €2.28 versus Ireland went towards the Parcel Motel fee as it's handier for me to collect it and, from what Amazon were saying for standard delivery to Ireland, I'll get it a little quicker as well.

Did some roasted carrots yesterday. This thing really is great.

When it gets too dirty, despite your best efforts, just buy a new one ;)

Yummy yum yum.....all for me :p

393806.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    it's like a cow from IKEA

Advertisement