Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

dodzy wrote: »
    Aldi stock. Here they are, in the flesh so to speak. 14mins in the fryer (not preheated). A bit of a shake and add some Aldi ground salt & pepper mid way through. Seriously, you will not look back.

As previous poster has said, you need to cook them well. When they are done right, the chip will be fluffy as hell on the inside.
    393294.jpg

Tried these, but far too chunky for my taste.. for those who like a skinny chip, I can't recommend these highly enough - 95c a bag too - absolute bargain..

IDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=282266887

5 mins / shake / 5 mins and you're sorted

(+/- 1 or 2 mins depending on how many you're cooking)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Tried these, but far too chunky for my taste.. for those who like a skinny chip, I can't recommend these highly enough - 95c a bag too - absolute bargain..

IDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=282266887

5 mins / shake / 5 mins and you're sorted

(+/- 1 or 2 mins depending on how many you're cooking)

Oh they are absolutely the BEST- I've been working on perfecting the cooking/temp time for these, my current combo is no preheat, 185 degrees and 12 minutes cooking with a shake halfway. I usd to do 200 for 10 minutes but found they ended up getting a little overcooked at the tips and not quite golden along the sides.

(Yes, I am very fussy about my fries, why do you ask? :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Any sign of these being on offer in Harvey Norman or anywhere else. In lookout for one but waiting till they on offer again as missed out on Harvey Norman deal for 129euro

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭mjp

Trying decide between Philips Airfryer and Tefal Actifry? Which is best for value for money and best quality. Siding towards the airfryer from what I read but interested in getting views of people who have used both or one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

mjp wrote:
    Trying decide between Philips Airfryer and Tefal Actifry? Which is best for value for money and best quality. Siding towards the airfryer from what I read but interested in getting views of people who have used both or one.

Get the Philips you won't be disappointed. I literally haven't used my oven since I bought mine about a month ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Any more links for offers on the 1.2 litre machine?
    They seem to be a bit like unicorns.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

mjp wrote: »

Tefal actifry gave up on me, then I read a bit more into it and it's a common problem! Wouldn't touch them again.. Awaiting philips 9240 to drop in price although don't think it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Those are great & very cheap, a lot of the time I do not even bother shaking. With thicker chips they need shaking as some might be stuck together or laying on top of each other and blocking ones below. The skinny ones are so light that they are airy and they cook more evenly.

They do taste like they are fried too, quite like mcdonalds or BK chips, in fact I would prefer them over BK ones.

Philips HD9240/90 on lightening deal at the moment @ 164.99

Link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BS97UUA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Bought the non-stick tray and the rack with skewers recently and have been doing some chicken in it, a bit of red onion and pepper with the fillet on top, go for about 7 or 8 minutes, then turn, comes out absolutely perfect.

Went ages without using the airfryer, honestly have no idea why, but getting a lot of use out of it recently and it's brilliant. Tesco finest fishcakes are another thing I've found come out much better than the oven in less than half the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Has anyone tried a McCain Ready Baked Jacket (potato) in their Airfryer? 45 minutes in the oven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Link here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BS97UUA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Was that just for one day or what? It's not coming up on camelcamel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Gebgbegb wrote: »

Lightning deals don't show on camel camel..
    You need to check Amazon daily for them, or keep an eye here or Bargain Alerts..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Gebgbegb wrote: »

I think it is too quick for them to register. I guess some might register, I reckon camelcamel check once or twice a day, and if not on offer then it will not register.

Tried a bit of sirloin today, overcooked it by a mile, it was well done and I'd take my steak rare.

Anyone have a clue of the timings? Had it in for about 8 mins then left to rest, will probably cut that to 3-4 mins next time. Live and learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

8 minutes would be fairly cooked alright especially a thin piece of meat, I let it get as hot as it will go and then give it about 4-5 for a fairly rare steak.

Thargor wrote: »
    8 minutes would be fairly cooked alright especially a thin piece of meat, I let it get as hot as it will go and then give it about 4-5 for a fairly rare steak.

Cheers thanks, figured as much. Was still tasty but just not my preference at all. Will get it better next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

€170 in Currys now for the 9230 digital version ... is that a good price?
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9

MickH503 wrote: »
    €170 in Currys now for the 9230 digital version ... is that a good price?
    http://www.currys.ie/Product/philips-hd923020-viva-airfryer-ink-black/322950/396.2.9

Not remarkably good value- its around this price normally for the 0.8kg one on Amazon. Most people want the larger 3 litre / 1.2kg model.

Its not a bad price- but its not a great price either (for the 0.8kg model). If you could get the 1.2kg at this price (which it has been on a few occasions)- I'd say nab it asap- however, in this instance- I'd give it a pass........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

9240 at whopping £115 on amazon...best deal ever....

• Advertisement

Gebgbegb wrote:
    Tefal actifry gave up on me, then I read a bit more into it and it's a common problem! Wouldn't touch them again.. Awaiting philips 9240 to drop in price although don't think it will.

£115 on amazon...grab before its gone. .

£115 now...

tharmor wrote: »
    £115 now...

13 minutes left according to the count down......

Thanks guys- I've bit the bullet on it at this price- I've never seen it this low.
    Works out at 141 Euro

Thanks guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

13 minutes left according to the count down......

Thanks guys- I've bit the bullet on it at this price- I've never seen it this low.
    Works out at 141 Euro

Thanks guys!

What is the best way to get it delivered here?

Thanks

madmoe wrote: »
    What is the best way to get it delivered here?

Thanks

I choose 'Free Delivery'- don't see how its any different from any other method (all purchases over £80 are tracked deliveries anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

Hi guys, does anyone have the snacking basket for the actifry and what do you think of it? Can you buy this separately easy enough?

I choose 'Free Delivery'- don't see how its any different from any other method (all purchases over £80 are tracked deliveries anyway).

Thanks, didn't realise it was free delivery to Ireland. When paying did you use the Amazon currency converter or no?

Thanks,
    M

tharmor wrote: »
    £115 now...

And back up to £209.99.......

Owe you a pint!

madmoe wrote: »
    Thanks, didn't realise it was free delivery to Ireland. When paying did you use the Amazon currency converter or no?

Thanks,
    M

No difference in rate quoted- so I went with paying in Euro from my BOI Mastercard........ Got a rate of 1.2084- about half a penny better than Amazon.

• Advertisement

And back up to £209.99.......

Owe you a pint!

Phew!! Just got in by the skin of my teeth!

Thank you, your order has been placed.

Advertisement