Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭MickH503

tharmor wrote: »
    £115 now...
    Nice one tharmor! I just snuck in with minutes to spare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

My screen still shows 2 hours left...

I've 1 in my basket but just realised that my card is outta date so can't complete
    my order ffs doh! :D:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lanigamadan

Thanks tharmor - this deal was still available a few minutes ago but is gone again now. I think it may reappear again periodically today so, if anyone is still interested, keep an eye on this page:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BS97UUA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

My screen still shows 2 hours left...

I've 1 in my basket but just realised that my card is outta date so can't complete
    my order ffs doh! :D:D:rolleyes:

Order anyway- they only charge your card when they actually ship the order- and go get a temp card and load it up. If your payment bounces- they ask you for another payment option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Still available...those who ordered cannot see it...

• Advertisement

Ordered. Happy sigh because now I have to re-read the 576 posts to determine the best recipes, cooking techniques and the vague memory of a recommendation to make the cooking rack from a BBQ rack...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Ordered. Happy sigh because now I have to re-read the 576 posts to determine the best recipes, cooking techniques and the vague memory of a recommendation to make the cooking rack from a BBQ rack...

I'm in a similar boat, ordered this as soon as I saw it purely based on people raving about the things!

No idea how to use it or if I've any need for it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

And back up to £209.99.......

Owe you a pint!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhh
    Missed it again..... Ragin

And back up to £209.99.......

Owe you a pint!

Enjoyy...already under preparing for dispatch...

Dispatched.
    Free delivery is by DHL- I'm impressed!
    Guess it'll be here by the end of the week.

• Advertisement

Dispatched.
    Free delivery is by DHL- I'm impressed!
    Guess it'll be here by the end of the week.

Seems to be coming from Germany - mine says it's still there!

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Seems to be coming from Germany - mine says it's still there!

Mine was dispatched from the UK- and then went to Staufenberg in Germany (where-ever that is). Its now en-route from Staufenberg to Koln....... Looks like its on a magical mystery tour of Europe........... One way or the other- its definitely not going to be here today- depending on how its tour of Germany goes- it may not even be here next week......... Wish I was in a position to accompany it around Germany/The Netherlands- I could do with a break............

Still waiting dispatch.. :(..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,910 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I was looking at a phillips airfryer in currys today (€129) and thought it was really quite small for a decent size meal. Apart from chips and garbage is there somewhere to see ideas and recipes and what exactly I can cook in it ?

cjmc wrote: »
    I was looking at a phillips airfryer in currys today (€129) and thought it was really quite small for a decent size meal. Apart from chips and garbage is there somewhere to see ideas and recipes and what exactly I can cook in it ?

The reason we were getting so excited earlier in this week on this thread- is the Philips Airfryer we were looking at- is the larger 3 litre / 1.2 kg one- not the small one that Currys have here (same series, larger capacity). The smaller one is fine- if cooking for one- the larger one rapidly becomes necessary- if you're trying to feed a family.........

Goddammit I'm so done with camelcamel, it didn't register the price changes twice.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Goddammit I'm so done with camelcamel, it didn't register the price changes twice.

It doesn't tend to catch the 3 hour flash sales.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,910 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Is the larger Airfryer available anywhere ( even if not on a bargin) ?

cjmc wrote: »
    Is the larger Airfryer available anywhere ( even if not on a bargin) ?

Its on Amazon- @ £205.99 sterling at the moment..........
    Thats the going-rate for it (its not cheap).

Its on Amazon- @ £205.99 sterling at the moment..........
    Thats the going-rate for it (its not cheap).

it was £115 on amazon a few posts back for a few hours flash sale but I missed it..

396072.gif
    giphy.gif

stay tuned

• Advertisement

Got my box today...seems like its repackaged....did anyone else find such issue ?

tharmor wrote: »
    Got my box today...seems like its repackaged....did anyone else find such issue ?

Repackaged- as in not in the original box?
    If it new- or remanufactured?

Mine is now in Liege in Belgium- and has an ETA of Friday here........

I wouldn't get too upset if its simply repackaged- however, if its remanufactured, I'll be pissed........

For anyone thinking of getting the XL airfryer, it is too big for the Parcel Motel box so oversize charges apply.

(Mine is due tomorrow and will report on whether it is repackaged then).

Repackaged- as in not in the original box? If it new- or remanufactured?

Original Packing was odd as if someone had opened and reclosed it....anyways happy with it....finally fries felt like fries....amazing kit...

For anyone thinking of getting the XL airfryer, it is too big for the Parcel Motel box so oversize charges apply.

(Mine is due tomorrow and will report on whether it is repackaged then).

If you're getting it from Amazon- its free shipping to Ireland- so why bother with Parcel Motel at all?

Is it still just the DHL Germany site ye are getting updates on? Mine still has the latest update as last Friday in Koln, Germany :(

_feedback_ wrote: »
    Is it still just the DHL Germany site ye are getting updates on? Mine still has the latest update as last Friday in Koln, Germany :(

DHL Belgium in my case- but yes, there is no update on Amazon themselves.......

If you're getting it from Amazon- its free shipping to Ireland- so why bother with Parcel Motel at all?

When I was checking out the free delivery did not appear as an option - not sure why - so I delivered to PM and then later saw that ye got free delivery so perhaps I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,093 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I got my airfryer on sale before Christmas last year (smaller analog one) and have started to use it more and more recently (with thanks to this thread!). I haven't used the normal oven in weeks now.

Some comments I have:

Giant Aldi Specially Selected Chips: Whoever recommended these, great shout! I find they take a bit longer to cook than the suggested times here (for me its closer to 10 and 10).

Fresh Chips (peeling and cutting spuds): Found it was really important to soak these in water for at least 30 mins, makes a huge difference to them. Taste different than deep fried, but really nice. Havent done these since we started using the Aldi ones though

Whole Chicken: Tried a small whole chicken, literally just about fit. Think I cooked it for about 40 mins on 200 (Don't quote me on this!) and it came out great. (I'd recommend a food thermometer to ensure its cooked through)

Nachos: We really like these as a snack/treat, we used to do it in the oven but this is much handier. We get a small ceramic dish, layer salted Tortilla chips then apply a layer of grated cheese (we use the cheddar & mozzarella mix, but anything will work) and repeat. From cold it takes 4-5 mins to cook (keep an eye on it cause the top layer can burn pretty easily, if this happens just remove the top layer and eat whats underneath!). To remove the dish from the fryer i use a big metal spoon to pry it up and an oven glove to take it out.

Cleaning: The dishwasher tablet and boiling water worked a treat, thanks to whoever recommended that!

Cooking times in General: If you are trying something new, as I think has been mentioned lots, halving the cooking time for an oven is a good place to start. I have done lots of different things in it at this stage (goujons, spring rolls, wedges etc) and haven't been disappointed yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

Looking to get an AirFryer for family (2 adults and 2 teenage kids) use.

I spotted the Tefal ActiFry Family Express XL Low Fat Healthy Fryer, 1.5 kg on offer on Amazon last week for £115 https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00QVKMPDS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and ordered it but it arrived damaged so has been shipped back for a refund. Went to re-order it and it's not £150 :(

Didn't spot this thread until today so looking for a steer on A) what model AirFryer to get and B) any current bargain alerts.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement