Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Actifry & AirFryer Thread - Merged

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

humberklog wrote: »
    Great, so for example something I'm looking forward to trying is salmon darns marinaded in teriyaki and coated in panko, lemon zest and thyme. I just place them in the basket for the allotted time and Bob's my uncle?

i would be interested too. want to know how many minutes for this to be cooked..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

i would be interested too. want to know how many minutes for this to be cooked..

It would depend on the size of the salmon, there are loads of recipes online for this with times for weights etc, some people like to cook things high and fast but I prefer a few minutes on 180* and then have a check before cranking up the heat for another few minutes, marinade the meat or fish and chuck it into the pre heated air fryer and you’re good to go.

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

humberklog wrote: »
    Great, so for example something I'm looking forward to trying is salmon darns marinaded in teriyaki and coated in panko, lemon zest and thyme. I just place them in the basket for the allotted time and Bob's my uncle?
    I would probably put them on a bit of foil or on baking parchment. Otherwise the weight of it can make it embed itself into the mesh and it will be hard to get off and could fall apart. Somethings just need to be cooked a bit and then could be taken off the foil/paper and turned over, the top side would be firm at that stage and not seep into the mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

I'm thinking of getting one of these.

If I were to cook chicken wings in them then are you restricted to having one layer of wings? Also, how many wings (approx) would that be?

Thanks in advance.

https://frytheworld.com/airfryer-salmon/

Quick video on how easy it is to cook salmon
    I’ve never used anything over the basket like foil but each to their own

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Early lunch. Did the darns as I usually would. I'd usually shallow fry them in butter and place in a hot oven for a brief period.

I placed these directly onto the mesh as I was confident of the firmness of the fish, the Air fryer was already warm because I was messing with it.

10 minutes at 140c, turned them, 2 minutes at 170 to brown.

I wasn't expecting to be so surprised at the result, simply gorgeous.

The salmon remained succulent and the coating was zesty, herby, salty and crispy.

Whilst I have beaten eggs and a nice panko blend I'll be trying chicken breast on the bone tonight.

This isn't a nonsense gadget, this is great cooking thingy.

24586537448_ebdf3ae477_z.jpg

handofdog wrote: »
    I'm thinking of getting one of these.

If I were to cook chicken wings in them then are you restricted to having one layer of wings?
    you can have more, just takes longer and you will have to move them about a bit.

I once did 2lb of sausages in the standard manual philips. That is 32 standard sausages all at once. That is really pushing it, and I had to make sure they were not sticking up so much that they hit the element.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭54and56

73% off on a black Friday deal, not sure if it's any good but if you're on a budget or just want to try air frying this might be worth buying for just £35 - Tower T17005 Oil Free Rapid Air Fryer, 3.2 Litre, 1350 Watt, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0148N2U7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_seMdAbRN3J1JS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Amazon have reduced the philips extra large one as of last night, down to 158€ now

• Advertisement

73% off on a black Friday deal, not sure if it's any good but if you're on a budget or just want to try air frying this might be worth buying for just £35 - Tower T17005 Oil Free Rapid Air Fryer, 3.2 Litre, 1350 Watt, Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0148N2U7K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_seMdAbRN3J1JS

Shows as £58 on amazon?
    Also Camel Camel shows it as £35 - weird

Amazon have reduced the philips extra large one as of last night, down to 158€ now

Just checked amazon and it’s £157.99 :-(

Shows as £58 on amazon?
    Also Camel Camel shows it as £35 - weird

Deal price showing for me

Do you know if that deal is all day - I will get a chance to play with settings this eve and see if it will go to £35 for me

Got it to work, but when you go to add to basket it says seller no longer has it available, anyone here able to proceed to pay section on amazon?

Got it to work, but when you go to add to basket it says seller no longer has it available, anyone here able to proceed to pay section on amazon?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0148N2U7K/?tag=ho01f-21

Only 3 left so don’t hang about if you want one
    Plenty of people on hot deals uk got them and completed checkout

Is it just me or are they gone?
    Still £58

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Just checked amazon and it’s £157.99 :-(

I say they made a typo with the euro,

this is the price for the £157.99 at checkout, with Irish VAT and using amazons euro rate (usually better paying in £)

(Order Total: GBP 161.94)
    Payment Total: EUR 188,53

rubadub wrote: »
    I say they made a typo with the euro,

this is the price for the £157.99 at checkout, with Irish VAT and using amazons euro rate (usually better paying in £)

(Order Total: GBP 161.94)
    Payment Total: EUR 188,53

€181 using Revolut, holding out for a cheaper price I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭branners69

This might be of use to someone!!

Finally took delivery of my Philips HD9220/50 today.

Just a heads up to other XL users, this one doesnt have the rails for the base drawer so it comes out with the basket making it a lot more difficult to use!

It will take a bit of time to get used to but in order so say shake your chips. The entire base drawer has to come out (which is scalding) so you can lift the basket and shake the chips. You then have to put the basket back into the base drawer and some how lift it back into the air fryer

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    This might be of use to someone!!

Finally took delivery of my Philips HD9220/50 today.

Just a heads up to other XL users, this one doesnt have the rails for the base drawer so it comes out with the basket making it a lot more difficult to use!

It will take a bit of time to get used to but in order so say shake your chips. The entire base drawer has to come out (which is scalding) so you can lift the basket and shake the chips. You then have to put the basket back into the base drawer and some how lift it back into the air fryer

The handle of the basket clicks into the draw and that’s how you lift it in same as any air fryer, check YouTube for a video if you’re stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

These are damn good in the Airfryer, best Ive ever had anyway:

h7vX0f6.png

€3 on special offer in Tesco, €5 usually though, thats pricey if true but tbh they're so good its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy one of these within the week. I would be looking to purchase a large sized one. What are my options? I see posts regarding sale items buy not really sure which of them are suggested for particular usage. I was thinking around €150 but could probably push it if the item is on a really great sale. Thanks guys!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Thargor wrote: »

h7vX0f6.png

€3 on special offer in Tesco, €5 usually though, thats pricey if true but tbh they're so good its worth it.

How long and what temperature?

h7vX0f6.png

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthier chip though ? They are normally pre fried

Casey78 wrote: »
    How long and what temperature?
    Dont know how long, I just whack it up as high as it will go and keep an eye on them, not long, around 10 min probably.
    Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of healthier chip though ? They are normally pre fried
    I know, chips should be a rare treat no matter how healthy you try to make them though, I want the best when I do indulge. Tbh as I said in the other Airfryer thread, Ive basically given up on takeaways since I got mine so I dont feel too bad about the odd treats, most of the time I just make a quick salad or steam some veg while I do a bit of chicken or turkey or other lean meat in the Airfryer, it turned my diet around when I got it.

According to the other thread this is what they season the fries in Eddie Rockets:

https://www.schwartz.co.uk/products/seasonings-and-blends/ingredient-led/season-all

I think a sprinkling of that on those airfried McCains will be as good as you can get without a deep fat frier, I never had good results with sliced raw potatoes.

Can’t beat soaked and simmered Home prepared chips

Can’t beat soaked and simmered Home prepared chips
    In the Airfryer or deep fat frier?

In the Airfryer or deep fat frier?

Air fryer
    Soak them for half an hour and rinse thoroughly
    Simmer for 10 minutes
    Pat dry and let cool
    Tablespoon of oil and away you go
    160* for a while then 190* to brown
    Close to the chipper as I can get

• Advertisement

Interesting thanks, any type of spuds or just White?

Advertisement