Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should my solicitor have checked deeds first

• 18-10-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

While trying to sell my house an issue came up about the size of my property compared to that on the land registry website and land registry maps.
    My solicitor tried to resolve this first by going to the land regster to ask them fix the problem. They said it was a boundary rectification issue. After almost a month going back and forth between both mine and the builders solicitors at a huge cost the builders solicitors said it wasn't there problem.
    It was only then that my solicitor checked the deeds which the bank held and it was realized that my deeds were indeed correct all along and when the land registry went digital it didn't update the maps correctly.
    Should he have checked the deeds first??
    I'm so annoyed how easy and cheap this problem could have been resolved as I was trying to sell the house to pay a mortgage I can no longer afford and this problem has cost me thousands

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,450 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I had this when purchasing a house in 2008; the digital map was clearly incorrect and a triangular flower bed confused the mapping software - based on a satellite image. It was sorted in 3 days. I'm surprised at your solicitor's actions, mine (sensibly) asked me to have it measured/surveyed prior to dealing with the issue. Did yours just run off into correspondence? I wouldn't be minded to pay....

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chinkaroo

Marcusm wrote: »
    I had this when purchasing a house in 2008; the digital map was clearly incorrect and a triangular flower bed confused the mapping software - based on a satellite image. It was sorted in 3 days. I'm surprised at your solicitor's actions, mine (sensibly) asked me to have it measured/surveyed prior to dealing with the issue. Did yours just run off into correspondence? I wouldn't be minded to pay....

Thanks for the reply. I had an architect come out to measure the site at the beginning as clearly there was a large difference between my actual property and the maps. Somewhere around 7mts x 4mts. When the land registry said in the beginning that it wasn't there problem my solicitor immediately contacted the builder solicitor. I can't figure out why he didn't check the deeds that the bank had. He is the same solicitor that dealt with the purchasing of the house in 2003

Advertisement