If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE40F7000

Options
  • 18-10-2013 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Relating to this TV, is there anyway you can do it cheaper? I was out in Harvey Normans on Wednesday and this (€1199) was the same discounted price they gave me. DID are doing it at €1300 with no discount and Power City are doing it at €1300 with a Samsung 7" tab free. As a returning customer of yours can you better that?

Samsung UE40F7000 - £999.95 / €1199.99
    With Samsung rewards of £75 off another Samsung product!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f7000/sams-ue40f7000
    Free Boardie delivery

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Superfin wrote: »
    Relating to this TV, is there anyway you can do it cheaper? I was out in Harvey Normans on Wednesday and this (€1199) was the same discounted price they gave me. DID are doing it at €1300 with no discount and Power City are doing it at €1300 with a Samsung 7" tab free. As a returning customer of yours can you better that?

Free Boardie delivery
    Super,

thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote:

PC are still at €1299
    http://powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40F7000&brands=SAMSUNG

HN are still at €1299
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-40-3d-led-tv-ue40f7000stxxu.html

And DID are still quoting €1299 - which makes our euro pricing €100 cheaper - and we are doing £75 Samsung rewards ( against €75 in PC)

And we are doing free shipping -

And a Free 5 year warranty which none of the others are offering..

If you don't want the 5 year warranty - I can trim the price ever so slightly, but honestly I think that at €100 cheaper, with free delivery and a 5 year warranty that's a good deal..

If you did want a really good alternative to keep it all within budget - I'd recommend the Panasonic TXP42GT60 which has just won the What HiFi TV of the year award - it retails at £1000 - but I could do you a very keen price on it to keep your budget down.

If you are interested please just drop me a line and I'll PM you our very best price on the 42GT60

http://awards.whathifi.com/awards/2013/televisions

Thanks as ever and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Free Boardie delivery
    Super,

thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote:

PC are still at €1299
    http://powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40F7000&brands=SAMSUNG

HN are still at €1299
    http://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-40-3d-led-tv-ue40f7000stxxu.html

And DID are still quoting €1299 - which makes our euro pricing €100 cheaper - and we are doing £75 Samsung rewards ( against €75 in PC)

And we are doing free shipping -

And a Free 5 year warranty which none of the others are offering..

If you don't want the 5 year warranty - I can trim the price ever so slightly, but honestly I think that at €100 cheaper, with free delivery and a 5 year warranty that's a good deal..

If you did want a really good alternative to keep it all within budget - I'd recommend the Panasonic TXP42GT60 which has just won the What HiFi TV of the year award - it retails at £1000 - but I could do you a very keen price on it to keep your budget down.

If you are interested please just drop me a line and I'll PM you our very best price on the 42GT60

http://awards.whathifi.com/awards/2013/televisions

Thanks as ever and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for the response John

After a  haggle with the HN fella, he knocked it down from 1299 to 1199, surprisingly wouldn't knock a cent off a 6 series one he had for 999!

Was just chancing a further reduction on the 1199, any chance? ;)

What does the 5 year warranty cover, and worse case scenario would it have to be shipped back up north for repair or into Dame St (if you still have an outlet there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

John is out of the office at the mo but having looked into this, the price that we have on the F7000 at 1199 Euro is the same price as HN quoted you and the best price that we can offer.

Their warranty from HN for 4 years is 299 Euro.

We are giving you a 5 year warranty free and we're delivering it your home free also.

The warranty that we provide means that someone will call to your home, repair the TV if possible or collect the TV, take it to the nearest Samsung agent, repair and return it to you.

We are happy to beat any competitors price when the deal is the same but unfortunately 1199 Euro on this model with the delivery and warranty is the best that we can do.

If you do find it with the warranty and delivery for less, then we are happy to beat it.

Keep us posted !

ATB

Dave

Have you any price reduction for this telly this week? :) 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Have you any price reduction for this telly this week? :) 
    Hi again,

Best price we can offer is still €1199 with the free 5 year at home guarantee.  

Great TV for that price.

Chris

• Advertisement

Can someone contact me by DM?

Hi Folks,

Just a minor issue with the TV I purchased from you. One pair of the 3d glasses doesn't seem to work, as in itwont hold synchronisation for more than 5-10 seconds. It's not the battery as I've switched the battery from the working pair to this. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Superfin

There isn't really a huge amount that you can try here.

Does the light flash on the glasses when you press the power button ?

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Superfin

Many thanks

Dave
    Yep,

Does everything it's supposed to do except a few seconds later it loses sync. As I said, the other pair are working perfectly.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Superfin

Many thanks

Dave
    Yep,

Does everything it's supposed to do except a few seconds later it loses sync. As I said, the other pair are working perfectly.
    Super,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - if you could pop teh offending pair back to us in the post ( Please please make sure they are really well wrapped up so they dont get damaged! we will send you a new pair by return..

Alternatively we may have someone in your area mid-next week if you would like to arrange a swap out?

Keep us posted,

Apologies again for the inconvenience,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks for the response John,

Do you still have the store in Dame St? If not I'll pop it back in the post (heaviy wrapped). Where can I send it to?

Thanks,

Superfin

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for the response John,

Do you still have the store in Dame St? If not I'll pop it back in the post (heaviy wrapped). Where can I send it to?

Thanks,

Superfin
    Hi Superfin.

Unfortunately we no longer have the store on Dame street :(

If you could post them back to:

RicherSounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    BT1 1FN

Please include your name and address along with a short description of the fault in the package. Also please make sure that the item is package well to avoid any damage.

I'll get the guys to keep an eye out for them in the post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.