Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ed Byrne makes two audience members faint

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

Strituck wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1018/481119-ed-byrne-makes-audience-faint/

Did he finally say something funny. Maybe it was shock.

If you read the article you quote then you'll find out what happened.

And no...he didn't say anything funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

If you read the article you quote then you'll find out what happened.

And no...he didn't say anything funny.

Sir Buzz Killington.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i like Ed Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

He said the I word FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Friend Computer

FearDark wrote: »
    Sir Buzz Killington.

Ah, Baron Thankswhore, so good of you to show up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

folan wrote: »
    i like Ed Byrne.

Mr Byrne I presume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

i like Ed Byrne.

Is that you Mrs Byrne ?

Edit - Beaten to it by above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

Sh1t Ed Byrne

I was saying boourns!

There are more laughs in a Burn ward than at an Ed Byrne gig FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

i like Ed Byrne.

I do too, think he's great. His stand up is much better than the shite you get on shows like mock the week and when you compare him to big name comedians like Michael McIntyre, Peter Kay, John Bishop etc... he's a comedy wizard.

Ed Byrne can be very quick when it comes to the likes of Mock the Week.

As much as I love MTW, its all scripted and pre arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

Ed Byrne is a top top comedian. Very very underated. Always puts on a great great show, serious case of typical Irish begrudgery going on in this thread. He can faint who he wants!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The thing is most of that stuff is somewhat scripted. they might do the same gag a few times to get it right.

Its not as off the cuff as they make it seem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I've grown to like Ed more over the years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Ed Byrne is a top top comedian. Very very underated. Always puts on a great great show, serious case of typical Irish begrudgery going on in this thread. He can faint who he wants!

Ed! You made a new account!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

I quite like Ed's wistful and cynical observations on life. I wish he would cut that greasy mop of hair though. Has no place on a man of his age and public profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

The Jamie Redknapp of comedy punditry there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

He's not Richard Pryor but he's not Noel V Ginnity either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

4/10 at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

FearDark wrote: »
    Sir Buzz Killington.

It's better than hyping up a non story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

i like Ed Byrne.

He has a face you'd love to punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

i like Ed Byrne.

well then you should consider changing your name to FOOLAN.
    he's absolutely the worst human being on the planet. AWFUL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I nearly fainted when I heard that there was more than two people in the audience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Never understood the hate for Ed Byrne. Ok he doesnt do fall off your chair type comedy but he makes some great observations from time to time.

Is Tommy Tiernan roaring about ridin' and the church the extent of our taste in comedians?

Agricola wrote: »
    Never understood the hate for Ed Byrne. Ok he doesnt do fall off your chair type comedy but he makes some great observations from time to time.

Is Tommy Tiernan roaring about ridin' and the church the extent of our taste in comedians?

Ill be honest, I judged Ed Byrne before i heard much of his stand up. His look annoyed me and he always came off smug though his observations are good, I just could never warm to him. Being the stubborn guy that I am i will probably always think that since he looks like a prick, that therefore he is a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

pundy wrote: »
    Exactly what has he done to be the worst human being on the planet? I don't really have much of an opinion on him myself, but I'm curious as to what he's done to merit so much vitriol. He's certainly not the worst comic or even the worst Irish comic.

i will take it under advisement!
    the worst human being on the planet is Seth McFarlane

• Advertisement

Get off my thread !!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭pundy

hahaha maybe he's bad, but... i dunno... have you ever REALLY seen/listened to Ed Byrne though - he's like the guy in everyones office/school that always has to have the last say in a joke... points out the obvious a LOT and ends up ruining what would be the joke from another comedian. he is especially annoying when he pops up on a panel show.... UUUGH he's so cringe.

Strituck wrote: »
    Get off my thread !!

im stuck

hahaha maybe he's bad, but... i dunno... have you ever REALLY seen/listened to Ed Byrne though - he's like the guy in everyones office/school that always has to have the last say in a joke... points out the obvious a LOT and ends up ruining what would be the joke from another comedian. he is especially annoying when he pops up on a panel show.... UUUGH he's so cringe.

ive seen him live 3 times. I like him. Must be my sense of humor is not as advanced as yours.

he has a knack of pointing out the obvious. one of my favorite routines is his one on Ironic

Fact is everyone has their likes and dislikes in life and tastes vary for everyone in comedy. Personally I'm not a big Ed fan, like i mentioned previously I just hate the look of him initially and his smugness but me off. I too hate when he is on panel shows as i just don't find him funny, but rather arrogant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

beakerjoe wrote: »
    He has a face you'd love to punch.

He has a face i'd never tire of kicking.

The long-haired nonce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I do too, think he's great. His stand up is much better than the shite you get on shows like mock the week and when you compare him to big name comedians like Michael McIntyre, Peter Kay, John Bishop etc... he's a comedy wizard.

No. He's really not :(

Ed Byrne is about as funny as cancer.

chopper6 wrote: »
    He has a face i'd never tire of kicking.

The long-haired nonce.

In life i tend to judge alot of people by there looks, i know its not a good thing. If ya look like a prick before i even speak to you, ill assume your a prick. Ed Byrne looks like a huge smug prick, which is unfortunate for him. Ill never give him much of a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Ed is not funny. He does try so damn hard though.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ill be honest, I judged Ed Byrne before i heard much of his stand up. His look annoyed me and he always came off smug though his observations are good, I just could never warm to him. Being the stubborn guy that I am i will probably always think that since he looks like a prick, that therefore he is a prick.

Here's hoping you're never called for jury service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

I think he lives near Stansted airport. About the only thing about him that amuses me.

But I might be thinking about someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Here's hoping you're never called for jury service

Unless Ed Byrne is up before the beak.

danniemcq wrote: »
    The thing is most of that stuff is somewhat scripted. they might do the same gag a few times to get it right.

Its not as off the cuff as they make it seem

Well that's a damning indictment because it doesnt seem off the cuff at all. I really dont like MOW, it's so obviously scripted they might as well let them have prompt cards in front of them.
    The way they try to wedge the jokes in so that it appears the just came out naturally is terribly awkward and forced as well.
    I've nothing against scripted shows themselves, sure you could argue that stand up is scripted, but MOW just does it so badly.
    It's a pity as well because they have three or four excellent, witty and quick comedians on the panel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did they faint or did he put them to sleep out of boredom...

grenache wrote: »
    No. He's really not :(

Ed Byrne is about as funny as cancer.

Well that really depends on whose cancer it is.
    Have you ever actually seen any of his stand up shows, they're bloody good and the huge crowds of people laughing the whole way through them would agree with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Well that really depends on whose cancer it is.
    Have you ever actually seen any of his stand up shows, they're bloody good and the huge crowds of people laughing the whole way through them would agree with me.
    I'd say they are easily pleased folk who would laugh at any celebrity. Or 'thickos' if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I think he's fine, not great but watchable - always get a couple of laughs at least...Lee Evans or Jack Whitehall on the other hand...bastards...

Birroc wrote: »
    I'd say they are easily pleased folk who would laugh at any celebrity. Or 'thickos' if you like.

Celebrity? Thickos?
    God, you're really reaching now.
    Have you ever actually seen any of his proper stand up shows. He's actually a pretty good comedian. Not the best but definitely not deserving of this bile.
    I wonder where it comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Now there's a man who makes me laugh, in that I find it hilarious that he's working as a comedian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Maybe they saw his yellow teeth

My problem is I don't like ED personally, his look and smugness get under my skin. These lads mentioned above aren't my cup of tea either but id easily watch these guys as they seem more likeable. None of the make me double up in fits of giggles (well Peter Kay did in Phoenix Nights) but I don't hate them. Ed Byrne just comes off an arrogant dickhead with an undeserved sense of accomplishment any time i see him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement