Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfe tone bridge crash [bridge now open again]

Options
  • 18-10-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭

bad crash earlier this morning on wolfe tone bridge - bridge is closed at the moment. in case anyone trying to get into town.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought the bridge had fallen down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Yeah, I was driving by just after it while someone was being lifted into the back of an ambulance - didn't look good. I thought it must have been a knock down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

snubbleste wrote: »
    I thought the bridge had fallen down :D

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Fiddlesnap wrote: »
    Yeah, I was driving by just after it while someone was being lifted into the back of an ambulance - didn't look good. I thought it must have been a knock down?

Multi vehicle crash
    The multi vehicle crash happened shortly after 9 this morning.

A woman, who was an occupant in one of the cars, has been taken to University Hospital Galway following the incident.

I hope she's okay.

According to GBFM the road has been reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks fishy and anto, threads like these are great for letting people know when to avoid a certain street because of a collision 0 and also when the obstacle has been removed.

I'd like to take the opportunity to plug Waze, a free traffic app, in which you can enter info like road blockage and it will be picked up by other wazers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

is the crazy traffic a result of these accidents?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

LowOdour wrote: »
    is the crazy traffic a result of these accidents?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

it was this morning, it was mental but the road is open now again so back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Where exactly did it occur? Junction at Raven Terrace? Car traffic is crawling there at that hour of the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

The woman in the crash is in a very serious condition in UHG hope everything turns out ok in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Blargh wrote: »
    The woman in the crash is in a very serious condition in UHG hope everything turns out ok in the end.

It was reported in the Sentinel today (article not online, see page 6) that she had a heart attack and died on Sunday.

Condolenses to her familiy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Yeah, friend of a friend's mother. Very sad.

RIP

Advertisement