Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle Utd v Liverpool FC 12.45 (BT Sport)

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Don't know what to say about that one, for about 65 minutes we were terrible. In the last 25 minutes though, we could have ended up winning it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Shocking stuff from us today but well done newcastle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

We were absolutely dire today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

Liverpool will win nothing playing like that. Expected a tanking due to the unpredictable nature that is Newcastle. Happy with the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

****ing atrocious performance.

Should refund the away supporters after that pile of absolute bollocks.

Hopefully just a post-international hangover and we won't play as terribly as that again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

that was krul :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Dire stuff (again)....even worse when you consider we had a one man advantage for over half to game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gbear wrote: »
    Hopefully just a post-international hangover and we won't play as terribly as that again this season.

We've been playing like this since the opening day of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Feels like a win!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Reality dose for us. Lucky to come back with a point, leaves us in the game in regards to the league so still hope!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    He's been very good since coming on.

Define good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pretty flat performance from Liverpool, 11 vs 11 they looked entirely outmatched in midfield and Newcastle seemed to be finding space in front of their back four. Even when Newcastle went down to 10 there was still chances on the counter and Liverpool failed to take optimum use of their numerical advantage. The kind of result that come the end of the result could be the difference between being in the top four or not.

As bad as we were for a lot of it we should have won it in the end with the chances we had after our 2nd. Will take the draw though after being behind twice.

We always play poorly after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

11 v 11 i'm confident we'd have won that.

Happy with a point given the circumstances. As poor as Liverpool were they still have quality forwards.

Anyway roll on the mackems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Gbear wrote: »
    ****ing atrocious performance.

Should refund the away supporters after that pile of absolute bollocks.

Im hoping this is the case.
    It wasnt just a case of 2 or 3 not performing but the whole team looked knackered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

NukaCola wrote: »
    We've been playing like this since the opening day of the season

No we haven't.

That was quite a bit worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I really enjoyed that game. Thought it was probably our best performance of the season. Still awful from defending set pieces though which hasn't been worked on since... well, forever it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Given how things went in the last 15 mins or so, we should have won it, it would have been undeserved though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

anyone know who got man of the match??

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

redzerdrog wrote: »
    anyone know who got man of the match??

Apparently Gerrard, somehow.

• Advertisement

Everyone was that bad nobody deserved it but was hoping Suarez might somehow have nicked it after winning the pen and assisting the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Everyone was that bad nobody deserved it but was hoping Suarez might somehow have nicked it after winning the pen and assisting the goal.

100th Goal...100th yellow...no way he wasn't getting 100th MOTM.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    100th Goal...100th yellow...no way he wasn't getting 100th MOTM.

I really should have thought of this earlier I think he was about 15/2 for motm:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    im putting liverpool in my weekend accumulator so it will definitely be a draw.

Every other result (5) came in apart from liverpool.

ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

how was everyone that bad?Maybe just Liverpool were that bad?Do the Newcastle players not come in to contention?It was a joke Gerrard got It,he shouldn't have being on the pitch for last half an hour when the ref **** himself and didn't give him his second yellow.
    He was absolutely dominated in midfield up till the red card.
    Debuchy was head and shoulders above everyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

how was everyone that bad?Maybe just Liverpool were that bad?Do the Newcastle players not come in to contention?It was a joke Gerrard got It,he shouldn't have being on the pitch for last half an hour when the ref **** himself and didn't give him his second yellow.

In fairness his first yellow was a joke. It was just a run of the mill free-kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

In fairness his first yellow was a joke. It was just a run of the mill free-kick.

I disagree watch it again,I thought that at the time as well but he pulls him back as he trys to get away and his trailing leg catches him as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is that a joke?

I was on the Liverpool thread this week defending Gerrard but didn't think he was great today.

From our perspective, Suarez deserved it imo. Not sure about Newcastle players.

Awful, sloppy goal we gave away on the hour mark. It gave Newcastle something to cling on to.

Newcastle deserving of a point on the whole, we didn't do enough with the extra man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think he got it because it was his 100th goal and he was the national hero in midweek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Yakult wrote: »
    Reality dose for us. Lucky to come back with a point, leaves us in the game in regards to the league so still hope!

Saturday 18th Ocotober 2013, Liverpool sitting third in the table with 17 points,

I'd take that at the start of season.

• Advertisement

He was absolutely dominated in midfield up till the red card.
    Debuchy was head and shoulders above everyone else

They were all pretty poor aswell to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tiote was MOTM for me from our perspective. Really impressed me. Gouffran a close second. Worked his absolute bollocks off defensively getting back into help out at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That_Guy wrote: »
    Tiote was MOTM for me from our perspective. Really impressed me. Gouffran a close second. Worked his absolute bollocks off defensively getting back into help out at the back.

Lucky not to be sent off for a crazy lunge when on a booking, and then a dive over a Sturridge tackle.

Was impressed with Newcastle first half

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

jamaamaj wrote: »
    Saturday 18th Ocotober 2013, Liverpool sitting third in the table with 17 points,

I'd take that at the start of season.

I'll take third at the end of the season aswell!

Advertisement