Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"New" - Paul McCartney

Options
  • 18-10-2013 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Great album. His best in a long time. He's worked with Mark Ronson, Paul Epworth (Adele, Bloc Party), Ethan Jones (Kings of Leon) and Giles (son of George) Martin. Very modern sound, great songs, great performances.

He's going through a great late stage; everything since 1997's Flaming Pie has been top quality. A little dip here and there (I'm looking at you, Memory Almost Full) but besides that, each release has been inventive, different, bold, experimental, and unexpected (yes, even Kisses On The Bottom).

Favourite songs are probably New, On My Way To Work, Looking At Her, I Can Bet, and Alligator.

What an artist, at 71 he's still pushing forward. Would love to see this reflected in his live shows; for once he could tour an album, and not be reduced to the big Hey Jude singalong.

Advertisement