Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit down, looking for advice on next steps

Options
  • 18-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I have recently put a deposit on a new build house due to be completed in December. It appears I have a lot to do between now and then;
    1. Engage a solicitor
    2. Organise life assurance/Mortgage protection
    3. Liase with bank re: mortgage drawdown
    4. Get a valuation report
    5. Get an engineer report to confirm BER etc
    6. Organise home insurance
    7. Sign contracts
    8. Do up a snag list & ensure we are happy with everything
    9. Transfer of final payment
    I am looking for advise on what would be the best order to approach all of the above (im sure I am leaving out numerous staps also) . If anyone had tips on how to minimise costs at this stage they would also be a great help.

Thanks

Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've heard it said many times that engaging a professional to do up the snag list can be a worthwhile activity.

I wish I could have persuaded my mother to do it as she did her own and I found a number of issues that she missed even without any experience of buying a house, nevermind professional qualifications.

Advertisement