Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old phones needed for autistic son

Options
  • 18-10-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

hi folks

could ye please share nd like this page on facebook if possible.

its for my son , we are trying to get him an ipad through the recycling of old phones

many thanks

also if ye have any idea of how to obtain them , would be most helpful.

https://www.facebook.com/ipadforcallum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

perhaps get one of the local shops you frequent (the likes of superquinn etc) to do a campaign?
    Also, local media, like radio etc might be of help.
    Ill give it a share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Why does a two-year old need an Ipad?

And what does him having Autism have to do with it?

Edit: Actually, just read one of the images further down the page to do with Irish Autism Action that made it a bit clearer.

You should seriously mention the IAA in your about section, or at least explain exactly how this situation came to be, because on first glance that page just looks like a scam to get people's old phones...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Mojoesque

a fat guy wrote: »
    Why does a two-year old need an Ipad?

And what does him having Autism have to do with it?

Edit: Actually, just read one of the images further down the page to do with Irish Autism Action that made it a bit clearer.

You should seriously mention the IAA in your about section, or at least explain exactly how this situation came to be, because on first glance that page just looks like a scam to get people's old phones...

Thank u for your input.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mojoesque wrote: »
    Really?!?maybe take some of your own advice and read IAA and educate yourself instead of posting your ignorant remarks!

Hold your horses now. The chap raises a very good point. If you want people to donate, then you are going to have to clearly explain why and what's it for. The fact that the poster didn't spot about the IAA until later in the description suggests you are missing out on a potential reach.

That was a very ignorant reply to give to someone who was only trying to help.

There is a nice way of pointing things out and I don't think you can say that was done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mojoesque wrote: »
    There is a nice way of pointing things out and I don't think you can say that was done.

I wouldn't see much wrong with how he said what was said. I think you overreacted. But it doesn't matter and we shouldn't be dragging the thread down into a silly debate.

What's done is done, lets just let the OP get donations and people asking specific questions in regards to that.

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't see much wrong with how he said what was said. I think you overreacted. But it doesn't matter and we shouldn't be dragging the thread down into a silly debate.

What's done is done, lets just let the OP get donations and people asking specific questions in regards to that.

I have edited my post, I agree that it shouldn't be dragged off topic. The page is genuine and hope to get people on board to donate.

Advertisement