If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for speakers for laptop so I can listen to music

Options
  • 18-10-2013 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hello, Im looking for speakers for my laptop so I can listen to music. 

My budget is up to 200euro

What would you recommend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

Cheers for the post.

Not sure if these need to be portable or if you use your laptop regularly on a table somewhere. On that basis, there are a few different types of speaker system that you could look at.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-packages/cambridge-audio/minx-m5/camb-minx-m5

These are amazing but they do require connection from the laptop. These would be the just about under budget and this system sound fantastic. 

If you needed a wireless connection to this this, then I would add the Harman Kardon BTA10 which is £49.95 and this would allow bluetooth playback from the laptop (assuming it has bluetooth)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-streaming-accessories/harman-kardon/bta10/harm-bta10

The ultimate speakers that you could go for are the Monitor Audio Airstream WS100.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/monitor-audio/airstream-ws100/moni-airstream-ws100

These would blow the budget and at 300 Euro would represent the best sounding PC based speakers that I have heard.

There are others in between but let me know what you think of these or I can recommend others if these don't suit.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭rigmaroll

Thanks for the reply,
    Ideally the speakers would be portable but Im more concerned with sound quality. My laptop can use wifi but Im not sure if wifi speakers are necessary.

What are the pros and cons of using wifi regarding sound quality etc? It might also be better to go without wifi to keep price down.

Im a little confused about the importance of a subwoofer. The Minx has one but the Monitor Audio doesnt and yet the Monitor seems to have the best sound. I would like to have good bass quality and thought that a subwoofer was a must have. What is your opinion?

Ive looked at the two you have mentioned and they have got good reviews online.

I seen from a previous post from Richersounds that Harmon Kardon Soundsticks are also good. They have also got good reviews online and seem to have good bass.

How do the Cambridge Minx M5 and Monitor Audio Airstream WS100 compare with the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

rigmaroll wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply,
                                       Ideally the speakers would be portable but Im more concerned with sound quality.   My laptop can use wifi but Im not sure if wifi speakers are necessary.

What are the pros and cons of using wifi regarding sound quality etc?  It might also be better to go without wifi to keep price down.

Im a little confused about the importance of a subwoofer.  The Minx has one but the Monitor Audio doesnt and yet the Monitor seems to have the best sound. I would like to have good bass quality and thought that a subwoofer was a must have.  What is your opinion?

Ive looked at the two you have mentioned and they have got good reviews online.

I seen from a previous post from Richersounds that Harmon Kardon Soundsticks are also good.  They have also got good reviews online and seem to have good bass.

How do the Cambridge Minx M5 and Monitor Audio Airstream WS100 compare with the Harmon Kardon Soundsticks.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply
    Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

A lot of people (myself included) like the WiFi option as you can stream music from where ever you are in the house.  The likes of Apple Airplay (if you use Itunes are an Iphone etc) is very handy.  South quality isn't bad either considering it's being streamed.  It's just nice being wire free :)

If that didn't both you too much then I'd highly recommend the Cambridge Audio 2.1 system.  Was very surprised when we set this up in the store, sounds great! I'm all about bass and this pack blew me away for all the size of it.  

The Soundsticks were great!!  Unfortunately this isn't a pack we can get anymore and I never had a chance to compare them with the likes of the Cambridge Audio system.  On paper there is a bit more power with the Cambridge pack, they had no problem filling our demo room at all.  

For what you need I'd say the Cambridge pack is for you :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.