Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labelling your bottles

Options
  • 18-10-2013 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone actually labels their bottles? I would say most would not label their beer bottles, but what about wine or mead bottles?
    I bought a 30 pack of gum-backed wine bottle labels. Looks well on the finished product.

Has anybody printer their own at home or have any nice logos or designs? I hope to print my own, so would love to hear anyones thoughts on this. Especially if you have tried printing your own labels before.

o2qc.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

I use avery printer labels (~21 stickers to an A4 sheet).

I label for practicality, though I would like to design them a bit better, especially for keeping/aging beers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

Anybody know where you can get labels for 500ml beer bottles? Thinking of giving away a few as Christmas presents. My printer isn't great atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

I thought id share a few label sites online , i do mine in MS Word 2012 , but these are very good

http://www.beerlabelizer.com/

http://www.grogtag.com/

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭richie.c

You can just print your labels on plain paper and stick them on with milk. Works perfectly.
    I just did it with some wine bottles and they are well stuck on. Supposedly they just fall off in warm water but I haven't tried that yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,894 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

pritt stick also works well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

i print mine on 80grm paper and use spraymount to stick them to the bottles. They are easy enough to get off after. Here's two of them

9905_10201941185801070_1752669233_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

HMD wrote: »
    i print mine on 80grm paper and use spraymount to stick them to the bottles. They are easy enough to get off after. Here's two of them

9905_10201941185801070_1752669233_n.jpg

Job well done sir. Will take note. Spraymount I assume is adhesive in an aerosol can used to mount photos etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭HMD

Loobz wrote: »
    Job well done sir. Will take note. Spraymount I assume is adhesive in an aerosol can used to mount photos etc?

Thanks. Yes, it's a aerosol. Because of the curve on the bottle you need to use light paper. I've found with anything heavier that 80grm it peels off.

Advertisement