Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donor's Green

Options
  • 18-10-2013 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

What's going on with Donor's Green and the Drogheda Port Co.?

The situation has gone from people spending their free time and energy cleaning the place up...

http://www.droghedaleader.ie/20130904/news/stepping-back-in-time-in-donors-green-S194.html

Now the Port Company has locked the gates - reasons given were people driving up down it and people practicing their golf swing. So, closed for insurance reasons. Sorry I can't find a link to this story but it's in the Drogheda Independent this week.

Seems a shame when so much good work has been done... I drive by there most mornings and it was looking great. All work done by volunteers to a space neglected for years.

Makes the Port Company look a bit mean spirited.... all they had to do I'm sure was talk to the volunteers and give them a set of keys.

Between this locking of the gates and the recent talk of tonnes of waste being shipped from Butterleys warehouse next door... it seems like there's a bit of an ideological tussle over what Donor's Green is for?

Advertisement