Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange & Fascinating Dublin

Options
  • 18-10-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I am writing a book that involves chapters on all the post code areas of Dublin (1-24 including 6W & North and South County Dublin.) I am looking for anyone from any of the postcode areas to let me know if there is anything strange or odd about any places or buildings in their area. This could be anything historical, paranormal, odd architecture, serious crime sites, fairy rings, anything that is not commonly known in the rest of the city.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Cheers,

Comments

The echoe-y wall at Dublin City Council.

Stand in the centre of the circle in the amphitheatre, face the corner of the two buildings and start talking. You get the weirdest echo... That only you can hear!

Step outside the centre of the circle and it doesn't work.

And not many people know about it! Try it! It's amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Dublin 9 Kavanaghs aka the grave diggers, as the grave diggers got pints in jam jars through a hatch on one of the walls.

Or a pensioner was murdered in a church that has now been replaced by our lady of dolors. A landlady kicked out one of her tenants as she got pregnant outside of marriage. So the young girl went to woolworths in town and brought a hammer. When the landlady was doing her daily prayers in the church. The young girl beat her to death.

Dublin 7/1: you could go to the crypt of st. mitchins, where there is mummified bodies.

Dublin 8. Kilmanham gaol is worth a visit. There is so many historical figures linked to it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Rod Serling

hfallada wrote: »
    Or a pensioner was murdered in a church that has now been replaced by our lady of dolors. A landlady kicked out one of her tenants as she got pregnant outside of marriage. So the young girl went to woolworths in town and brought a hammer. When the landlady was doing her daily prayers in the church. The young girl beat her to death.

F*cking hell really?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Delgado88

Thanks for the replies so far people, if you can think of any more please let me know. If not if you could please mention this post to your friends- I would really appreciate it. I think I am going to find out a lot about Dublin I never knew and that in itself is brilliant. Thanks again:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement