Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dribble neck/rash

Options
  • 18-10-2013 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

hi just wondering has anyone any remedy for dribble neck, iv a 4 month old with a rash under her chin due to her dribbling a lot
    the chemist gave us a very small tube of cream for €10 and has done noting
    we have dribble bips on her and have been keeping it as dry as possible also tried bephanthan and savlon
    so im just wondering what has other people found useful
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Wash and dry, and then put on a layer of vaseline. That will act as a wetness barrier.

I used to double up on the bibs as well, put a plastic backed one underneath a fabric one, and change the fabric one very often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Valeline is prob the best as the wet will run off it. I used double bibs aswell pwurple says. Have you tried the amber neclaces, I found them brillant.

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Valeline is prob the best as the wet will run off it. I used double bibs aswell pwurple says. Have you tried the amber neclaces, I found them brillant.

Amber necklaces are recalled due to choking and strangulation risks. In case it needed saying that wrapping a string of beads around a 4 month olds neck mightn't be the brightest idea ever... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

pwurple wrote: »
    Amber necklaces are recalled due to choking and strangulation risks. In case it needed saying that wrapping a string of beads around a 4 month olds neck mightn't be the brightest idea ever... :rolleyes:

I don't think she ever mentioned wrapping it around a 4 months old neck. You know well by now that this has been discussed before and most people are smart enough not to put them around their babies neck so lets not pull the roll eyes out. Also, not all amber necklaces have been recalled, just one particular brand iirc, if that was the case you would no longer be able to buy them anywhere.

OP, when my first daughter was a few months old she got a dribble rash on her neck and my child minder advised me (after me using creams and stuff to try get rid of it) to use Caldesene powder. Basically wash and pat dry the area and then spread a thin layer of powder on the affected area and give it a blow to get rid of the excess powder. Should clear up within a few days.

I thought the word "necklace" involved someones "neck". My mistake. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭sari

I look after little boy who gets this too. He was wearing those bibs that look like bandanas and we found once we stopped putting that on and just using an ordinary bib it cleared. Not sure what type your using

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Caldscene powder works for us too and still use it for odd bouts of teething dribble at one year old!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I had leftover Lansinoh lanolin ointment from breastfeeding and I used a little as a wetness barrier. Worked really well. One application would last most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I just used sudocream. Cleared it up. It's magic cream in our house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I just used sudocream. Cleared it up. It's magic cream in our house :)

+1 Love the stuff. Until the day comes when little miss can get her mitts on a jar and smears it everywhere. Lol!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Lansinoh to heal it then Vaseline as a barrier. Bibs under tops if baby keeps pulling it off

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Caldesene powder was the only thing that cleared it up for us...

Get it right into the folds of the neck after the bath.. it's an awful thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

pwurple wrote: »
    I thought the word "necklace" involved someones "neck". My mistake. :)

I love sarcasm. It's my absolute favorite kind of comeback. Even changing the smiley to :) instead of :rolleyes: is genius.

Drop the subject - we've done it already <---- this is not sarcasm <---- this is :cool:

Advertisement