Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New alarm & reprogramming PhoneWatch alarm

Options
  • 18-10-2013 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

Am looking to cancel my contract with Phonewatch and have the alarm reprogrammed to text a few numbers instead if there is a problem. The alarm in question is the same as this one here. Can anyone recommend a company that can do this for me, and any idea of a ballpark figure in terms of price point for this service?

I'm also looking into installing a second alarm on a property I am renting out at the minute, so companies that would also be able to do a fresh install of a system would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any licensed installers could do this for you & look after monitoring and a new installation if needed.
    Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

Probably should have mentioned that... I'm in the South Dublin area.

Is this a fairly straightforward thing then?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

lm01 wrote: »
    Probably should have mentioned that... I'm in the South Dublin area.

Is this a fairly straightforward thing then?

Yes, this system can easily be defaulted and set up again. Some of the later versions can also be set up to ring 2 numbers. It has a voice dialer built in. It will give you the name of the zone activated plus if another zone like an installed PIR is triggered you will also be notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭lm01

altor wrote: »
    Yes, this system can easily be defaulted and set up again. Some of the later versions can also be set up to ring 2 numbers. It has a voice dialer built in. It will give you the name of the zone activated plus if another zone like an installed PIR is triggered you will also be notified.

Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. Any idea on what this might run me in terms of cost?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Should be fairly reasonable if no equipment is needed.
    As always, shop around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement