Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratched/Cracked Disc Activision disc replacement experience

Options
  • 18-10-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Just thought I’d tell every my experience with Activisions Disc replacement program, as I often have seen and searched here on how to fix discs. I do look after my discs but my kids tend to get at them from time to time.

So have COB Black OPs II, disc became scratched and cracked from the center to middle of disc, probably through overuse, not an issue as game was installed, until Xbox would no longer recognize the disc at all.

Had purchased GameStop disc replacement but could not find the receipt(even though it was in the box at some point but i had laser card transaction receipt) so no hope of them replacing it.

Went to Activisions support site, registered and submitted a warranty/return ticket.

Filled out the form with my case number, put the broken disc(only the disc not the box), form, €10 cash, scan of Laser card receipt(said gamestop on receipt but it could have been for any game) in envelope.

Sent by registered international post (€5.70) to Activision Czech Republic Friday 11/10, recorded as delivered 14/10.

Checked Activision support site said my return had been processed on the 14/10

Received a new sealed Black OPs 2 back today 18/10 by UPS.

So overall a very good relatively quick service and still cheaper than buying a 2nd hand copy of the game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Of course they'll send you a new one. To burn the disc with the game image would cost less than 10 cent.

They make a profit and keep the customer happy.

Far better than making you buy a new one and risk you and your friends not buying another COD again.

Good business, nothing else.

Advertisement