Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS Vita Wipeout 2048 issue

• 18-10-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I bought a Vita today in Argos in Dublin and it says it comes with Wipeout but the sim is a UK one. What should I do to be able to Download the game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I bought a Vita today in Argos in Dublin and it says it comes with Wipeout but the sim is a UK one. What should I do to be able to Download the game?

Well you won't be downloading Wipeout over a mobile network so that won't be an issue.

When you get your Vita, connect it to your home's Wi-Fi and download the game then. If you have a PS3, you can actually download it on there and then transfer the file across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Otacon wrote: »
    Well you won't be downloading Wipeout over a mobile network so that won't be an issue.

When you get your Vita, connect it to your home's Wi-Fi and download the game then. If you have a PS3, you can actually download it on there and then transfer the file across.

I mean its one of those top up by £5 things on the front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I mean its one of those top up by £5 things on the front.

You don't need to use the SIM at all if you don't want to. In fact, it is fairly pointless as hardly any (none?) games can use it for multiplayer or patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Noticed the same thing. The problem is you get the psn voucher off Vodafone when you register the Sim included with the vita with vodafone. It says you need to top it up by £5 but Vodafone Ireland do the same offer with €20. I wonder is the Sim linked with the serial of the vita. May be able to get Vodafone Ireland to just swap the Sim with an Irish one if not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm going to go back to Argos and find out if they'll give me a physical copy of the game, seeing as I can't redeem something thats supposed to come free with the console due to their stock issue I'd think it's on their side to solve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you got it in Ieland you should have gotten an Irish SIM. Bring it back and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭_Puma_

Turns out the offer ended on the 31st of August here so doubt it will be fulfilled at this stage

Advertisement