Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wine nutrient in kerry

Options
  • 18-10-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Looking for nutrient tablets for some blackberry wine and can't source it locally, it costs €1.95 on line with a delivery charge of €3.95, so hope not to have to go down that road. Bought malt extract today and wonder can i substitute it for the nutreint.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

it costs €1.95 on line with a delivery charge of €3.95
    E-mail the supplier and ask them to post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gallybander

Thanks, will do,
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gallybander

Asked them to post it, they said it would cost that much anyway !
    Now have someone in cork trying to get some, does U Brew on North Main Street deal with the public or is it just an online place, i wonder. Anyway, blackberries are in the freezer awaiting the said nutrient, bottling up some blackcurrant wine tomorrow, did'nt use any nutrient, smells great all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gorehoundess

Looking for nutrient tablets for some blackberry wine and can't source it locally, it costs €1.95 on line with a delivery charge of €3.95, so hope not to have to go down that road. Bought malt extract today and wonder can i substitute it for the nutreint.
    Thanks in advance

For many years I made delicious wine from whatever was growing in the hedgerows and meadows. All the health food shops used to stock all the yeast, nutrient, camden tablets and all the other bits and pieces you needed. These days you can't get them anywhere except online, imagine the postage for demijohns etc.., It's crazy that they don't stock these products anymore, did everyone give up making home made wines cos you could get a bottle for a fiver in the supermarket???
    I think you'll see it becoming fashionable again to brew your own, cheaper and fun too!
    If the demand for items grew, maybe they'd be available in the shops again.
    c'mon folks..get brewing. :)
    It is expensive online, for an item for a couple of euro, you end up spending a tenner including postage. You can't bulk buy cos it does go out of date after a year or so!!,
    might be an idea to ask your local health food shop to order some stuff in!!! Then if people see it on the shelves again, they might make their own wine again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miggs

Can you not use marmite mixed with a little warm water? I heard that that is a suitable nutrient and have been trying it out on blackberry wine at the moment. Not 100% if it actually is suitable as all mine is currently still fermenting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement