Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any suggestions for a weekend break in Europe ?

• 18-10-2013 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭

myself and the other half are thinking of going away just for a long weekend or a few nights in January. i wana go somewhere in Europe preferably not Amsterdam again as i have been there twice already in the last year.

any suggestions to a good place in Europe for a few nights ?

my budget including flights and accommodation per person would be 500 - 600 euro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭usersame

Have a look at valencia, hostel there called MyPlace or something like that is very good, check and see if there's any bull fighting on, can get very good 2 courses for 10 quid, women are stunning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Well ricero,

You are some lucky position on a number of fronts
    ~ you know your budget and can plan accordingly
    ~ you don't mind where in Europe it is that you travel to

I'll suggest you do a search on skyscanner right here. You can leave the destination location blank for now, and you'll see prices for flights etc. That almost always the most expensive part of any trip and accommodation will be easier to narrow now then once location is chosen.

Have fun searching and seeing the possibilities of locations you could travel to.

Numerous threads on varying locations 'Things to do in...' etc once you've a quotation for flights and know where you stand with the flights price-wise & you know what's left in the budget once there :)

Have fun planning,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

ricero wrote: »
    myself and the other half are thinking of going away just for a long weekend or a few nights in January. i wana go somewhere in Europe preferably not Amsterdam again as i have been there twice already in the last year.

any suggestions to a good place in Europe for a few nights ?

my budget including flights and accommodation per person would be 500 - 600 euro

PARIS! Best place ever

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Rome will knock your little socks off and it's very reasonable this time of year.

Prague is also worth a look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭clumsyklutz

I agree with the Rome suggestion! Also Pisa really blew my mind too, 4 star hotel and flights (direct with Ryanair) came to just over 300 euro for four nights. It's not very expensive either, well worth researching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Maybe Lisbon? Great city with loads to do, very reasonable price wise as well over there. Went there a few months ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭wandererz

I second Valencia. I was over there in September for a few nights on the way up from Alicante to Barcelona.

Great nightlife in terms of restaurants, bars, safety etc.

Stayed at the Sweet Otel (http://www.sweetotel.com/).

It is probably no more than a guest house as it has no restaurant or other facilities.
    However, if booking the Deluxe suites, it has the biggest jacuzzi baths we have ever seen anywhere. You could easily fit 3-6 people in there!

Breakfast is served in the cafe next door. I don't know what it's like as we never partaked of it.

Personally, if i were visiting Valencia again i would stay here again rather than in some major hotel brand.

It's in a safe neighbourhood, close to restauarants/bars etc and close to the nearest square/taxi rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

have to echo a previous post on checking skyscanner for flights to nowhere in particular and then see if a cheap flight is to an interesting place with cheap accomodation/ going out expenses.

In January you'll also see that some of the destinations which are handy for the alps or other mountains good for skiiing will be disproportionately expensive for what is otherwise a quiet time of the year.

Advertisement