Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2014 info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

newuser89 wrote: »
    I got mine, just letting yas know.
    I didn't think I did very good and I didn't .
    Qualified in band 3.
    What's the next round anyway,only band 1 gets through

It's better than not pass, like half the people who didn't..... So keep your head well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭newuser89

It's better than not pass, like half the people who didn't..... So keep your head well done

Ye so close to band 2 I think just over 10000 on list

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Flynners89

Qualified in band 3.

Did u get an email to check ur public jobs profile or did u just keep checking your messages on public jobs??

Flynners89 wrote: »
    Did u get an email to check ur public jobs profile or did u just keep checking your messages on public jobs??

They emailed the results

They emailed the results

For all you guys I hope there emailing from the bottom up

No some girl in other forum got into band 1

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭comfortseeker

how did you find this out? I got no email and went on to the site but no update??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Qualified in band 3.

well done :)

Anybody not get an e-mail yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Me

No dude I'm going crazy here as well haha

Same, checking every 5 mins. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shazelle

No dude I'm going crazy here as well haha

Same here. No email and no new nessages yet.

If I hear nothing by tonight I'll presume that my result was so bad that they they didn't think it justified letting me know.

Well done to all who qualified from round 1 so far.

Shazelle wrote: »
    Same here. No email and no new nessages yet.

If I hear nothing by tonight I'll presume that my result was so bad that they they didn't think it justified letting me know.

I ll be thinking the same!

Got my results. Passed , placed in band 1.

Got a text to log on and view the results .

• Advertisement

Just got email

Im in Batch 1 :)

Well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shazelle

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Just got email

Im in Batch 1 :)

Well done all!

Nice one, Congrats. I'm not so optimistic about mine.

BTW. The moderators have created a separate blog for posting results so that this one is kept for people to look up info on the recruitment process.

touch.boards.ie/thread/2057146954/7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

Congrats to everyone who got into band 1, i only got into band 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Got in band 1. Delighted. Best of luck to anyone who got through, and hard luck to anyone who didn't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Have many people used the <mod snip> study material? I didn't use it for stage 1 hoping that it can bump me up some places for stage 2

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    Have many people used the <mod snip> study material? I didn't use it for stage 1 hoping that it can bump me up some places for stage 2

check your PM's

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

ormondprop wrote: »
    Congrats to everyone who got into band 1, i only got into band 3

Band 1 done and dusted on to the next stage

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

Anyone know of any courses for stage 2 or anywhere I can get preparation notes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭galalala123

Cormacs72 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any courses for stage 2 or anywhere I can get preparation notes? Thanks

From wat I've seen of the quick glance at the familiarisation stuff it looks quite similar to the last

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

From wat I've seen of the quick glance at the familiarisation stuff it looks quite similar to the last

Thanks for replying! I didn't get a chance to do a course for the first stage so I don't have any notes and was wondering did anyone hear of more courses taking place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 MCBRENNAN

Hiya lads place like 5108 in band 2 what is the chances of getting called or what is the next step for those of us in band 2 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

MCBRENNAN wrote: »
    Hiya lads place like 5108 in band 2 what is the chances of getting called or what is the next step for those of us in band 2 ?

I'm band 2 also. 5372. I highly doubt they will call any of us from band 2, from all I've been reading here they should have more than enough choice from the 5000 once whittled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

jamesr123 wrote: »
    I doubt they'll even use the 5,000? they only want 300 a year, if that.. 900 for the next 3 years really.

Applicants won't progress any further, applicants will fail etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

mycro89 wrote: »
    Applicants won't progress any further, applicants will fail etc etc etc

Yeah, but even with that etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Lads it was bad enough with the reserves vs civilians before lets not get into a band 1 vs band 2/3 mind frame now. No one knows what way it will pan out we will just have to let time tells us that but were all going the same direction so let's try and get on and help as best we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

I don't think they ever said how many they would recruit in the next 3 years only that this campaign might be used for next 3 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

want2b wrote: »
    I don't think they ever said how many they would recruit in the next 3 years only that this campaign might be used for next 3 years.

I doubt it'll be 5,000....

I doubt it'll be 5,000....

Not a chance of 5000

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Not a chance of 5000

maybe over the next ten or fifteen years!

Scouser wrote: »
    maybe over the next ten or fifteen years!

I wouldn't go that far now. I'd say they'll have much bigger recruitments after the 3 years.

Put it this way, if they only take the 1000 that's 4000 people who worked hard to pass for nothing and there not gonna leave people on a panel for years and years. They must have some type of plan..

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

I wouldn't go that far now. I'd say they'll have much bigger recruitments after the 3 years.

Put it this way, if they only take the 1000 that's 4000 people who worked hard to pass for nothing and there not gonna leave people on a panel for years and years. They must have some type of plan..

12,000 you mean, 12,000 passed ....

12,000 you mean, 12,000 passed ....

well only stage 1 has taken place so that number will be reduced hugely I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

What do ye think the pass rate will be for stage 2?

pass rate is dictated by the scores of all those tested

for the 1millionth time

Can I ask what you mean by ' the 1000 '

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there another aptitude plus interviews plus physicals plus medicals. All those could seriously eat into the 5000 or the second and third 5000. If your not in you can't "win" as they say so no one should lose hope just yet

numorouno wrote: »
    correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there another aptitude plus interviews plus physicals plus medicals. All those could seriously eat into the 5000 or the second and third 5000. If your not in you can't "win" as they say so no one should lose hope just yet

Not to mention background check's, that can knock a few out also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Not to mention background check's, that can knock a few out also

what exactly is involved in the background checks? just family mostly? I have been told several times that aunts and uncles who have convictions wouldnt affect you atall.. maybe if your father or mother have then that could affect you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

carzony wrote: »
    what exactly is involved in the background checks? just family mostly? I have been told several times that aunts and uncles who have convictions wouldnt affect you atall.. maybe if your father or mother have then that could affect you?

Heard of a guy who's cousin was criminally involved and he got rejected because of it

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

billie1b wrote: »
    Heard of a guy who's cousin was criminally involved and he got rejected because of it
    I wonder was he open about it though. I think that is incredibly unfair. You spend most of your life aiming for something, doing the best you can and you are of good character and it is someone else's actions that stop you from doing the job you have worked towards. It's a big kick in the teeth. You can only control your own life and actions, you can't control your relatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

carzony wrote: »

I think it is complete nonsense if the likes of an aunt or uncle has a criminal history and it were to go against you. Parents, brothers, sisters, spouse etc. I could understand to an extent as you would be considered far closer to them. How many people would have frequent contact with an uncle or aunt as opposed to the above? Most families have a black sheep or two I would imagine. Those with large families will find the checks a pain as it involves getting addresses and PPS numbers for everyone afaik.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    I think it is complete nonsense if the likes of an aunt or uncle has a criminal history and it were to go against you. Parents, brothers, sisters, spouse etc. I could understand to an extent as you would be considered far closer to them. How many people would have frequent contact with an uncle or aunt as opposed to the above? Most families have a black sheep or two I would imagine. Those with large families will find the checks a pain as it involves getting addresses and PPS numbers for everyone afaik.

There can be a black sheep in your immediate family too but that still shouldn't affect you if you have lived your life sneaky clean. I would look down on all criminal activity whether it was a family member or not, right is right, wrong is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

So we defo won't get our results until the Irish requested candidates are finished their tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

billie1b wrote: »
    So we defo won't get our results until the Irish requested candidates are finished their tests

I wouldn't say that for definite as they seem to be getting treated separately to others i.e. persons from all 3 bands are being put through to stage 2. As I mentioned on the Irish thread there is probably a set number of places reserved for native speakers which need to be filled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

redout wrote: »

Addresses PPSNs and DOBs

D Trent wrote: »
    Addresses PPSNs and DOBs

Does this include your aunts and uncles through marriage. I think I read on another thread that you give details of aunts and uncles through marriage at one stage then you just include your direct relatives...first cousins etc in another stage? I can't remember though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement