Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda recruitment 2014 info

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭OscarWhiskey

the publicjobs.ie facebook page have announced that they 'hope to be in a position to release the stage 2 results next week'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

the publicjobs.ie facebook page have announced that they 'hope to be in a position to release the stage 2 results next week'.

Thanks buttsy Mc Buttis :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Leml123

I can't see it on their facebook page!!

Leml123 wrote: »
    I can't see it on their facebook page!!

They have commented on the post that they put up dated Feb 12th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Never even knew they had an fb page, why do ye leave me in the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

D Trent wrote: »
    They have commented on the post that they put up dated Feb 12th
    It's there alright. It just says that "we hope to be in a position to issue results next week". That comment was left around 9am this morning. So, maybe next week for the results. You'd expect sometime between the 10th and 15th of March, but I suppose no guarantee.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    It's there alright. It just says that "we hope to be in a position to issue results next week". That comment was left around 9am this morning. So, maybe next week for the results. You'd expect sometime between the 10th and 15th of March, but I suppose no guarantee.

They mustn't have received the envelope from CEB/SHL yet with each candidates fate. They shud surely have our score by now (shl I mean)

They mustn't have received the envelope from CEB/SHL yet with each candidates fate. They shud surely have our score by now (shl I mean)
    They probably do, but I'd say that PAS are making up their mind about what they're going to do next. They're prob debating how many people to cut etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They may well have the scores but are figuring out bands, pass/fail, times and dates for Stage 3, etc. Hopefully we'll have more news next week :)

Archer3083 wrote: »
    They probably do, but I'd say that PAS are making up their mind about what they're going to do next. They're prob debating how many people to cut etc.

I really think PAS are more professional than that I'd say they've figures for everything done from the get go, I mean recruitment was announced in July '13.

I think PAS will be getting technicians in to chapter house now to ensure the hardware and software is running smooth for stage 3 that wud be about only thing to hold up results

• Advertisement

I really think PAS are more professional than that I'd say they've figures for everything done from the get go, I mean recruitment was announced in July '13.

I think PAS will be getting technicians in to chapter house now to ensure the hardware and software is running smooth for stage 3 that wud be about only thing to hold up results
    Yeah, you're probably right. To be fair to PAS, alot has changed since they recruited for the AGS 6 years ago. They're using more technology. And also, the number of applicants this time must be a record for AGS recruitment. So, you'd have to cut them a little bit of slack if they had to reassess their plans or strategy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Ah feck

another week :(

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

WilcoOut wrote: »
    Ah feck

another week :(

Don't worry about it won't help . Am pretty confident myself .

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Raider190 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it won't help . Am pretty confident myself .

your too old

Scouser wrote: »
    your too old

What 28 is not too old what are you talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

Raider190 wrote: »
    What 28 is not too old what are you talking about

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 buckinit

Will the supervised exam take place in chapter house, or a regional location where people are allocated based on their location?

buckinit wrote: »
    Will the supervised exam take place in chapter house, or a regional location where people are allocated based on their location?

I would guess regional centres to cater for the country wide applicants

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bort_license

It would depend how many PAS plan to cut from this stage. Going by my instincts, I feel they'll drop half the candidates, like the first stage, and place them further into bands. If this is the case, I'd imagine they'll do the exam in the one location spread over a day or two. :)

• Advertisement

Back in 2008 all supervised exams took place in Chapter House in Dublin. I would love if the exams were done in regional centres as I'm Cork county. But I fear it will be Dublin. It might not matter anyway. Not hugely confident of getting past Stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bort_license

You wouldn't know the amount that was examined under supervision back in 2008? Most likely a smaller panel?

You wouldn't know the amount that was examined under supervision back in 2008? Most likely a smaller panel?
    Haven't a clue, I just found information online about that recruitment campaign. But no idea about the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Thecameraman

No one will know the numbers until interview stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Got my results for Stage 2,didnt make it sadly. Passed the Verbal comfortably but narrowly failed the Inductive which im surprised at but that's the way its gone. It wasn't meant to be in the end. Best of luck to everyone who did pass and to anyone else who didn't keep your head up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Aiel wrote: »
    Got my results for Stage 2,didnt make it sadly. Passed the Verbal comfortably but narrowly failed the Inductive which im surprised at but that's the way its gone. It wasn't meant to be in the end. Best of luck to everyone who did pass and to anyone else who didn't keep your head up.

Hard luck Aiel,

same as yourself,
    narrowly missed the Inductive cut off,

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Are you getting emails or how are you finding out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    MOD

Sorry folks, can we use this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057148530&page=27

for results etc, just to keep things tidy

Apologies as I also posted here by mistake, I will move the posts

Thanks

-KERSPLAT

THis thread however can be used for general queries regarding recruitment :)

-KERSPLAT!

Advertisement