Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinned Food

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Considering the amount of tinned tomatoes I use every week, I should have grown a second head by now.

I know it provides me with the option of buying the glass bottles, but I really dislike that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

It seems that every week now the "experts" are telling us that something we use every day is dangerous, bad for us and carcinogenic.
    This time next week they'll be telling us that tinned tomatoes and farmed salmon are the keys to eternal life.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Meteoric

GastroBoy wrote: »
    It seems that every week now the "experts" are telling us that something we use every day is dangerous, bad for us and carcinogenic.
    This time next week they'll be telling us that tinned tomatoes and farmed salmon are the keys to eternal life.
    These would be the experts this side of of the Atlantic for e.g. the tinned tomatoes http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/topics/topic/bisphenol.htm
    They have the subject under review and will for almost everything. http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/topics/topic/foodcontactmaterials.htm
    Yes I know I'm a fool to trust "the authorities" but whatever, the data and scientific reasoning presented there is slightly more believable than a random website IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

GastroBoy wrote: »

Totally agree, there'll be nothing left to eat soon and we'll all die of starvation :D....(maybe slight exaggeration but all these "studies" annoy me)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We use at least 10 tins per week between tomatoes / beans and fish. I think our diet would be the poorer for giving up cans, where else can you get a days worth of protein for a family for €1. (tin of mixed beans)

• Advertisement
Advertisement