Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you interested in a new Gameworld

Options
  • 18-10-2013 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

So following on from a suggestion in another thread, I'm prepared to fork out for a custom Gameworld.

Are you interested?

We can have a chat here about different rules that should be turned on/off in game, league type, teams, etc and if there's enough interest I'll try get it up and running as soon as possible

If you vote I <3 Princess, I'll take that as a yes :D

Would you be interested in another Gameworl 27 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    88%
    SeanehIagobazarakusLord TSCMunster MagicIvySlayerJamBurBeefy78gerp99KERSPLAT!mackeire[Deleted User]MarkY9112gauge daveTiniepepper180Mr BlobbyHerrickAl Capwnedtrudub83 24 votes
    I <3 Princess
    11%
    tupac_healyWilbertoBRYAN Is Ainm Dom 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

No
    I'd be up for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Because it was a new idea for Boards from Mac and nobody had done it before there was bound to be some issues with the boards GW in the long run.

I think things could be learned from that and made into a better GW. But I still think that GW may work itself out the stagnate transfer market at the moment won't stay like that forever, so I don't know about another one just yet.

I was just wondering though PPPP if you made a soccer forum one and made a thread in the soccer forum, I'm guessing it would be great fun. Not sure if you'd be up for it though :p

***bagsie United if you do***

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    Because it was a new idea for Boards from Mac and nobody had done it before there was bound to be some issues with the boards GW in the long run.

I think things could be learned from that and made into a better GW. But I still think that GW may work itself out the stagnate transfer market at the moment won't stay like that forever, so I don't know about another one just yet.

I was just wondering though PPPP if you made a soccer forum one and made a thread in the soccer forum, I'm guessing it would be great fun. Not sure if you'd be up for it though :p

***bagsie United if you do***

I'm not a regular there but I'd imagine the mods would just move the thread to here. Any posters in the soccer forum are welcome though. I'll set a day for opening the world and it'll be first come first served on clubs, fairest way I think

I'm not a regular there but I'd imagine the mods would just move the thread to here. Any posters in the soccer forum are welcome though. I'll set a day for opening the world and it'll be first come first served on clubs, fairest way I think

Yeah no point if you're not a regular.

They had a last man standing game thread so I'm sure if you asked though, there's a poster restriction as well which would mean a more active thread. I doubt most of them over there even know this game exists.

There's already "the good league" so I don't know how successful a third one will be in this forum.

No
    Yeah no point if you're not a regular.

They had a last man standing game thread so I'm sure if you asked though, there's a poster restriction as well which would mean a more active thread. I doubt most of them over there even know this game exists.

There's already "the good league" so I don't know how successful a third one will be in this forum.

We'll find out soon enough :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No
    The only two I've found interest in is the two on here. I tried starting up my own but with no "banter", I lost interest straight away.

That said, if a new world was started up, I'd be very interested in joining.

(*Since United are bagsied, if we're allowed to, I'm calling Barca :P*)

No
    Don't start calling teams!! I get first dibs :D:D :d

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Yeah id be up for it!..Real Madrid for me!!!..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

No
    I'll play, i am palermo in the boards league! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

No
    I'd be up for a new league

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    Yeah I'm in, and bagsies Milan, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

No
    Well if we're bagsie'ing ( :p ) I call Tottenham :p

No
    Good to see a few interested

On a serious note, all teams will be up for grabs on a first come first served bases, call them here as much as you want but it won't matter :p

I'll set a date for applications

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    I apply for Milan.

Done :pac:

And seeing as this was my idea, I came first :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

No
    if this goes ahead.....shotgun real madrid

No
    I think people are ignoring me :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No

I think you're failing to understand the rules of bagsie :P

(If you let me be Barca, I'll sell you Messi...)

No

didnt-read-lol-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No
    I'm in!

Dibs on Bayern Munich :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Ah crap, gonna have to pay for gold membrrship now...

Pppp...Why don't you do it the way mac started his, let folk pick their team in the order people replied here.,.

I'm in

even though there will never be as much crack as there is tn the real boards league!!!

• Advertisement

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Pppp...Why don't you do it the way mac started his, let folk pick their team in the order people replied here.,.

I'm in

even though there will never be as much crack as there is tn the real boards league!!!

Need to see what teams are gonna be in it first. I'll set it up tomorrow lunchtime and we can start then, sound fair?

Do peasant worldwide, Europe or England? I'd prefer worldwide myself

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I'm in

I AGREEEE :D

Two divisions would probably be enough.

No
    TEAM SELECTION WILL TAKE PLACE AT. 3PM ON SATURDAY THE 19TH. I'll POST THE LIST OF TEAMS THEN, EACH PERSON TO REPLY WITH THEIR SELECTED TEAM. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED

Any suggestions for in-game rules etc, please post them now, cheers

No
    I AGREEEE :D

Two divisions would probably be enough.

Yeah I was thinking two divisions of 20 each or 3 of 20 each

Setting sign up at pub o clock on a premier league weekend.

That's a paddlin'

Need to see what teams are gonna be in it first. I'll set it up tomorrow lunchtime and we can start then, sound fair?

Do peasant worldwide, Europe or England? I'd prefer worldwide myself

might be a bit more work but would you let people give a team they want, once you have enough to start just auto populate, thats how the other league was started ....

I think mac gave the admins a list of teams to populate the leagues

No

make sure you mix it up in the divisions

TEAM SELECTION WILL TAKE PLACE AT. 3PM ON SATURDAY THE 19TH. I'll POST THE LIST OF TEAMS THEN, EACH PERSON TO REPLY WITH THEIR SELECTED TEAM. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED

Any suggestions for in-game rules etc, please post them now, cheers

first come as in first that have posted here? fairest?

:( no chance of advising in order of reply here as to what team we'd like to control and than use those teams to create the GW?

• Advertisement

No
    no over inflated transfers allowed either........ :rolleyes:

Advertisement