Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you interested in a new Gameworld

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

swoody wrote: »
    chicken kyiv

rather than him getting 20PMs, PPPP do you want to do the honours as the league owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    Sorry I'm watching a movie, what do you want me to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    rather than him getting 20PMs, PPPP do you want to do the honours as the league owner?

Screw it, all of us should PM him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Apologies.

SL Benfica. Was thinking Schalke for revenue, but prefer the look of Benfica.

Edit: I've pm'd Mackeire.

No
    So can I be 20th now? Have my team picked and all :o

• Advertisement

1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    3.Rayne Wooney - FC BARCELONA
    4.TeamShadowclan - REAL MADRID
    5.Maldjd23 - BAYERN MUNICH
    6.gerp99- MANCHESTER UNITED
    7.IvySlayer - MANCHESTER CITY
    8.Seanh - AC MILAN
    9.swoody - PSG
    10.MrBlobby - DORTMUND
    11.GT_TDI_150 - ATHLETICO MADRID
    12.TheInternet - JUVENTUS
    13.12gauge dave - ARSENAL
    14.MunsterMagic - NAPOLI
    15.IRISH GOLDBERG - LIVERPOOL
    16. icarus86 - ATHLETIC CLUB
    17. Iago - VALENCIA
    18. Al Capwned - AS ROMA
    19. Tonic Wine - BENFICA
    20. mackeire
    21. BRYAN Is Ainm Dom
    22. Skeleton_boy
    23. Wilberto
    24. Beefy78
    25. JamboMac
    26. CTL-ALT
    27. Vito corleone
    28. Lostfan57
    29. Pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

pepper180 wrote: »
    So can I be 20th now? Have my team picked and all :o
    I think the simple answer is no, I have my team picked as well but they might go between everybody else before me.

One thing I do find funny is 2 people who voted no for the league joined it, a bit confused there.

JamboMac wrote: »
    I think the simple answer is no, I have my team picked as well but they might go between everybody else before me.
    I think peppers reason is that he said in the boards thread (in error)he wanted to join us. Had he posted here going by the times he would have been 20th on the list

But as i said i've picked already so it doesnt impact me, therefore my opinion doesnt hold much weight here

I think peppers reason is that he said in the boards thread (in error)he wanted to join us. Had he posted here going by the times he would have been 20th on the list

But as i said i've picked already so it doesnt impact me, therefore my opinion doesnt hold much weight here
    I tried to find the post to no avail might have missed but all his posts where about bids that I found, as I said May missed but definitely couldn't find.

I'm just being honest I'm sure the people behind 20th probably feel the same I do or maybe I'm just pr:;( but I would be annoyed if I missed out on both my potential teams down to an error of somebody else's.

No
    I tried to find the post to no avail might have missed but all his posts where about bids that I found, as I said May missed but definitely couldn't find.

I'm just being honest I'm sure the people behind 20th probably feel the same I do or maybe I'm just pr:;( but I would be annoyed if I missed out on both my potential teams down to an error of somebody else's.

A bit sour grapes there to be honest Jambo. A lot of other people agree that its fine which personally it is. I thought we were all civilised in here.

It just takes 1 or 2 to ruin it, oh well.

• Advertisement

No

The thing is, I have the proof and all to where I said I would join, Hence why I thought I would automatically be in.

As I said, it'll take 1 or 2 to spoil it.

PPPP is in control so they decide.

A bit sour grapes there to be honest Jambo. A lot of other people agree that its fine which personally it is. I thought we were all civilised in here.

It just takes 1 or 2 to ruin it, oh well.
    The only people who have stated it being ok have there teams if I mistakingly posted in the wrong place I'd accept my c@(; up and not expect for people to move aside for me, really don't understand the sour grapes comment but hay.

No
    The only people who have stated it being ok have there teams if I mistakingly posted in the wrong place I'd accept my c@(; up and expect for people to move aside for me, really don't understand the sour grapes comment but hay.

Incorrect, CTL-ALT also said he has no problem with it. I don't expect anyone to do anything for me I was just saying out of the goodness of their soccermanager hearts and them being civilised, maybe they could see my point of view.

Look Jambo, I'm not looking for an argument with you so I'll not continue this and i'll happily let PPPP deal with it.

If PPPP sees it is fine or not fine, well then so be it.
    As I said above, I just thought people would be civilised which some that commented are, and thank you all, I appreciate it.

Incorrect, CTL-ALT also said he has no problem with it. I don't expect anyone to do anything for me I was just saying out of the goodness of their soccermanager hearts and them being civilised, maybe they could see my point of view.

Look Jambo, I'm not looking for an argument with you so I'll not continue this and i'll happily let PPPP deal with it.

If PPPP sees it is fine or not fine, well then so be it.
    As I said above, I just thought people would be civilised which some that commented are, and thank you all, I appreciate it.
    I wasn't looking for an argument either and to say I'm not civil for not agreeing for you to go into 20th place is preposterous, just because people don't agree with you doesn't mean there trying ruin it for, you claim that it only takes 1 or 2 ruin it for everybody have ever considered one of them to be you.

No
    Sorry Pepper I think it's only fair we leave the list as is. If everyone agreed that'd be fine but it's hard enough getting teams picked without people coming on to vote if you can go next or not.

I know it was a genuine mistake, sorry lad :(

No
    Sorry Pepper I think it's only fair we leave the list as is. If everyone agreed that'd be fine but it's hard enough getting teams picked without people coming on to vote if you can go next or not.

I know it was a genuine mistake, sorry lad :(

Ok so, no problem. Apologies for my mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

No
    Yeah, I don't really care if Pepper wants to go ahead of me. Can I be Sligo Rovers if they're not already taken by the time it's my go. I want a challenge. :cool:

No
    I hope those picking the "not so great teams" last and don't throw in the towel after a few weeks leaving the "not so great team" with no manager and a tough time for me to fill the vacancy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

No
    Ah now.

No
    Ah now.

Ah I know you wouldn't do that Godfather, please accept my most humble apologies

:D

• Advertisement

Ok, with peppers position on the list confirmed... mackeire, you're up!

1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    8.Seanh - AC MILAN
    9.swoody - PSG
    10.MrBlobby - DORTMUND
    14.MunsterMagic - NAPOLI
    17. Iago - VALENCIA
    18. Al Capwned - AS ROMA
    19. Tonic Wine - BENFICA
    20. mackeire
    21. BRYAN Is Ainm Dom
    22. Skeleton_boy
    23. Wilberto
    24. Beefy78
    25. JamboMac
    26. CTL-ALT
    27. Vito corleone
    28. Lostfan57
    29. Pepper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

No
    Hurry it up lads its dragging on this list��

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

No
    Celtic

Bryan is next

1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    8.Seanh - AC MILAN
    9.swoody - PSG
    10.MrBlobby - DORTMUND
    14.MunsterMagic - NAPOLI
    17. Iago - VALENCIA
    18. Al Capwned - AS ROMA
    19. Tonic Wine - BENFICA
    20. mackeire - CELTIC
    21. BRYAN Is Ainm Dom
    22. Skeleton_boy
    23. Wilberto
    24. Beefy78
    25. JamboMac
    26. CTL-ALT
    27. Vito corleone
    28. Lostfan57
    29. Pepper

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    Yeah, I don't really care if Pepper wants to go ahead of me. Can I be Sligo Rovers if they're not already taken by the time it's my go. I want a challenge. :cool:

I really don't think we should be allowing teams with squad ratings that low and stadiums that small be picked. They will be gimpped from the start and never be able to catch up and eventually one of them will lose a manager and we won't be able to replace him.

No
    Seaneh wrote: »
    I really don't think we should be allowing teams with squad ratings that low and stadiums that small be picked. They will be gimpped from the start and never be able to catch up and eventually one of them will lose a manager and we won't be able to replace him.
    See this is the reason that I stopped reading the other thread. People constantly trying to come up with new rules.

Let him pick who he wants to pick. He didn't moan when you picked your team.

mackeire wrote: »
    See this is the reason that I stopped reading the other thread. People constantly trying to come up with new rules.

I agree with both pts of view ...

everyone needs to be allowed to pick the team they want but if these 'lesser' teams ever become available they will be harder to fill again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    mackeire wrote: »

I'm not "trying to make up new rules" I'm pointing out that picking a team like Sligo is not "a challenge" it's a hiding to nothing and totally pointless.

Eventually the people who pick teams who have a squad rating of 78 and a stadium that small will get bored of losing every game 7-0 and having no money to sign players and give up on the game.

It's all well and good saying "pick whoever you want" but the reality is the mechanics of this game mean it's impossible for teams like that to compete with teams like Real, Bayern etc.

No
    That was the point of my earlier post, I suppose I just have to hope that people stick it out :)

• Advertisement

No
    From what I've gathered, there will be only 2 divisions.
    That's half the amount of teams in the boards.ie league.
    That means there will be more players up for grabs with less managers trying to buy them.
    A team like Sligo will be able to buy a decent squad in a fairly short period of time.
    Sure in that good league you have going, isn't an Irish team doing well?

Advertisement