Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you interested in a new Gameworld

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Only 7 left, someone tell Wilberto to get the finger out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I <3 Princess
    1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    3.Rayne Wooney - FC BARCELONA
    4.TeamShadowclan - REAL MADRID
    5.Maldjd23 - BAYERN MUNICH
    6.gerp99- MANCHESTER UNITED
    7.IvySlayer - MANCHESTER CITY
    8.Seanh - AC MILAN
    9.swoody - PSG
    10.MrBlobby - DORTMUND
    11.GT_TDI_150 - ATHLETICO MADRID
    12.TheInternet - JUVENTUS
    13.12gauge dave - ARSENAL
    14.MunsterMagic - NAPOLI
    15.IRISH GOLDBERG - LIVERPOOL
    16. icarus86 - ATHLETIC CLUB
    17. Iago - VALENCIA
    18. Al Capwned - AS ROMA
    19. Tonic Wine - BENFICA
    20. mackeire - CELTIC
    21. BRYAN Is Ainm Dom AS Monaco
    22. Skeleton_boy - FC Schalke 04
    23. Wilberto - CORK CITY :D
    24. Beefy78
    25. JamboMac
    26. CTL-ALT
    27. Vito corleone
    28. Lostfan57
    29. Pepper

I've decided to go with Cork City instead in the hope that Beefy will choose Southend United! :D

If he doesn't I may revise my decision and go with Southend myself because, in fairness, it's not as if anyone else is going to want them anyway!! :D:D:D

Fair play to the lads picking lower teams, with only 40 teams and a squad cap there'll be plenty of players to buy and build a good team.

And I'll sell you some of my youth players if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    Fair play to the lads picking lower teams, with only 40 teams and a squad cap there'll be plenty of players to buy and build a good team.

And I'll sell you some of my youth players if interested.

It's good they picked them but I'm Shels in the good league. Got them from averaging 84 up to 89. Because of the small stadiums and lack of revenue I lose about 500k per match. It's not just about buying good players. All the same though, I wish them luck.

Will hopefully set this up tomorrow if all the teams are picked :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It's good they picked them but I'm Shels in the good league. Got them from averaging 84 up to 89. Because of the small stadiums and lack of revenue I lose about 500k per match. It's not just about buying good players. All the same though, I wish them luck.

Will hopefully set this up tomorrow if all the teams are picked :)

How are you going to sort out the divisions? (sorry if it has been discussed earlier and I missed it)

• Advertisement

Forgot about the stadium revenue, could that not be a big problem?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I <3 Princess
    Forgot about the stadium revenue, could that not be a big problem?

I know with Southend United that the real capacity of their stadium (Roots Hall) is 12,392 (quick Google) but the capacity of Roots Hall in SM is 34,089.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I know with Southend United that the real capacity of their stadium (Roots Hall) is 12,392 (quick Google) but the capacity of Roots Hall in SM is 34,089.

That's not too bad then, that's around what the PSV stadium is in the boards league and I do okay, just keep an eye on wages

I <3 Princess
    That's not too bad then, that's around what the PSV stadium is in the boards league and I do okay, just keep an eye on wages

Yeah, I have no idea what Turner's Cross will be like though. The real capacity their is 7,485.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

How are you going to sort out the divisions? (sorry if it has been discussed earlier and I missed it)

there was a few suggestions, a few pages back ...

reverse order of the list of forty
    FIFA club rating
    Alphabetical order of last letter of the team
    random number generator
    Odd numbers in the list into D1, evens in D2,

maybe PPPP wants to be like mac and win the first league season D1 title and ill just stack the teams in his favour :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm going too start a world soon and it'll be only English championship teams or lower in it and no one will be able too pick anything, itll be a lottery what teams people get aswell as starting divisons. Ill use a random number generater too assaign teams divisons etc... Itll be the opposite of the boards world!
    I'm going too call it The Boards.ie Local League as in my opinion too generate revenue and Win things on a regular basis you will have too be a master wheeler dealer. The likes of Reus Ronaldo Bale Isco Neymar Messi Rooney RVP OźIl and basically every player who plays for a top 30 ranked country will be available BUT itll be upto managers too buy/sell senseably too be able too "afford" star players too assemble a team too climb the divisions and win leagues & cups! Interest will be huge in this world I belive as there will be no shortage of players for every team so part exchange deals and things will be important. I welcome all suggestions from all players if any one has any ideas or suggestions drop me a pm and I'll be setting this up in a few weeks after PPPP launchs his world. Please keep in mind free managers can only manage 2 teams on soccermanager unless you buy gold membership. So for now back on topic I just wanted people too know and ill start a thread in due course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

No
    I really, really, don't see the point of picking a club where you're going to have to sell all of the squad before you even start properly and then be snookered by stadium size anyway. PPPP losing 500k per match is a good example of why its a stupid idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    I want to start in Div 2 :p I think a random number generator would be best?

No
    I want to start in Div 2 :p I think a random number generator would be best?

Random FTW.

Oh and sure can we just go ahead with 30 teams? 3 ten team divisions?

Seaneh wrote: »
    I really, really, don't see the point of picking a club where you're going to have to sell all of the squad before you even start properly and then be snookered by stadium size anyway. PPPP losing 500k per match is a good example of why its a stupid idea.

I think the GW allocates the funds fairly so like Cork could get 1.5m a game or something.

It wouldn't make sense if Cork got 10k a match and everyone else got millions.

Random FTW.

Oh and sure can we just go ahead with 30 teams? 3 ten team divisions?

2 divisions of 40 but PPPP was going to fill remainder with big enough clubs, sure we wont be able to buy from unmanaged anyways

each to their own, some might say they dont see the point of starting at one of the top 5-10 clubs in the game as it's tooo easy then ( not my mantra but just saying, 2 sides to every coin)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2 divisions of 40 but PPPP was going to fill remainder with big enough clubs, sure we wont be able to buy from unmanaged anyways

What about unmanageable teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No
    I was hoping to take Schalke so now got to decide whether to go for a team who'll be competitive but I won't care about or take on the Mighty Shrimpers, five minutes.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What about unmanageable teams?

external ? ... sure we have to be able to buy from them or the GW would die very fast if the only tranfers possible were between managed teams

• Advertisement

No
    I think the GW allocates the funds fairly so like Cork could get 1.5m a game or something.

Income is based on gate. A team with a small stadium makes less than a team with a big stadium. Look at Portsmouth in the boards league, they are constantly broke.

Income is based on gate. A team with a small stadium makes less than a team with a big stadium. Look at Portsmouth in the boards league, they are constantly broke.

Didn't know that.

If the lads drop out it will be impossible to get someone to take over then.

Income is based on gate. A team with q small stadium makes less than a team with w big stadium. Look at Portsmouth in the boards league, they are constantly broke.

still ... why does it concern you how much money they will/wont have?

These players might outlast all of us in this GW ...

Shouldnt you just worry about milan?

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    still ... why does it concern you how much money they will/wont have?

These players might outlast all of us in this GW ...

Shouldnt you just worry about milan?

because im a realist and can see that teams losing 8-0 and unable to improve beyond a point won't be any fun after q while.

I <3 Princess
    because im a realist pessimist and can see that teams losing 8-0 and unable to improve beyond a point won't be any fun after q while.

FYP.

I can also think of another word that comes from that word but instead I'm just going to play nice.

No
    because im a realist and can see that teams losing 8-0 and unable to improve beyond a point won't be any fun after q while.

First come first served on the decent clubs has already achieved that anyway. Anyone outside the first seven or eight doesn't have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Beefy78 wrote: »
    First come first served on the decent clubs has already achieved that anyway. Anyone outside the first seven or eight doesn't have a chance.

It's your turn to pick a team.

I <3 Princess
    tonic wine wrote: »
    It's your turn to pick a team.

He knows. He's just trying to decide between his head and his heart.

Pick Southend United. Go on. You know you want to!! :D:D

No
    I'm going Everton (sorry Wilberto!)

• Advertisement

1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    3.Rayne Wooney - FC BARCELONA
    4.TeamShadowclan - REAL MADRID
    5.Maldjd23 - BAYERN MUNICH
    6.gerp99- MANCHESTER UNITED