Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you interested in a new Gameworld

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

PPPP you should post in the off topic soccer thread, it'll fill up places quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

No
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    you can only have 2 teams 'free', so unless I'm going to drop one I had to get membership

The only other one I have is AZ in The Boards.ie league...

Also, I'd agree with a cap of 45 players in any squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

do we know what the starting squads sizes are of the clubs - would be a pain if you set a squad limit and a teams starting squad is over by 5-10.

I think 45 is a little tight personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No
    I'd urge people to stay in Macs league and if you've room, join this one. He put alot of work into his and it'd be great if the two leagues could run together with no problems

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i think you'd be better off making it a countries league setup instead of a world GW

it'll go the same as the other GW, guaranteed

Is that what it says on the tin? Like no transfers or anything? Could be a bit of a 3 team monopoly with whoever gets Spain, Germany and Brazil.

• Advertisement

i think you'd be better off making it a countries league setup instead of a world GW

it'll go the same as the other GW, guaranteed
    that limits teams people can take then tho ... I've my eye on a Belgian team for example

No
    do we know what the starting squads sizes are of the clubs - would be a pain if you set a squad limit and a teams starting squad is over by 5-10.

Maybe give 1 months grace to get your team in order? Some may have a little over 45 but it should be handy enough to cull it down

No

Yeah, ya know thinking about it, this is a good point - I'm used to having my squad size of 23/24 with AZ in the Boards.ie gameworld

the more I think of it the more I reckon 45 is too low a squad limit... cant see how you can develop players and make money to buy others when the numbers are that tight

No
    that limits teams people can take then tho ... I've my eye on a Belgian team for example

Oi!!!!!!

;)

• Advertisement

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oi!!!!!!

;)

doubt if its the same team to be honest .... btw, I hope you arent referring to AZ .... *whispers* they're Dutch!;)

I think virtually no teams have more than 30 players in their squad, but loans is where it gets tricky with some big teams having 20/25 out on loan.

Maybe people could be given a week or two deadline to get their team down to 45 maybe bump it to 50 to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

No

hmmm

No
    I was shouting for 50. Like someone said above that leaves plenty of room for a starting 11, a 2nd 11 for cups and then 28 backup, reserves and youths. I dunno, again I'm open to suggestions

No
    I was shouting for 50. Like someone said above that leaves plenty of room for a starting 11, a 2nd 11 for cups and then 28 backup, reserves and youths. I dunno, again I'm open to suggestions

50's grand now can we get back picking teams.........

So far the biggest squad + loans I've seen is Madrid with 59, so whoever gets Madrid will have to sell 9 players. Seems reasonable enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick
    3.Rayne Wooney
    4.TeamShadowclan
    5.Maldjd23
    6.gerp99
    7.IvySlayer
    8.Seanh
    9.swoody
    10.MrBlobby
    11.GT_TDI_150
    12.TheInternet
    13.12gauge dave
    14.MunsterMagic
    15.IRISH GOLDBERG
    16. Al Capwned
    17. Tonic Wine

I'll PM Herrick now

Herrick says on page one he wants Spurs

I think the barca squad is huge enough ....

I had said 60 as an number ... give people a little room to pick up some youngsters(if that is how they like to play - develop a squad over time), when we have 1/2 the teams in the league, more players will be available to get so a little room for players does mke sence in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

I agree 50 is more then enough, think there should be a period of grace thou to allow teams to sort out their squads..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is that what it says on the tin? Like no transfers or anything? Could be a bit of a 3 team monopoly with whoever gets Spain, Germany and Brazil.

not an international league. england div. 1-4 or spain 1-4, etc.

that's my experience of them anyway. they go stale too quick

the only thing about them is you could say they may be a bit too hard/too much work for some people & it mightn't gather enough interest, people won't be bothered.

with a smaller club it's more challenging, money means more, buying players means more, etc.
    look at the squads/ratings/stadium sizes of some clubs here http://www.soccerwiki.org/wiki.php?action=countryProfile&countryId=ENG

obviously a down side is there's big clubs in england too but i think it's worth considering

• Advertisement

No
    imagine if we did skybet league 1 and league 2 or lower teams instead for the crack

I think the barca squad is huge enough ....

I had said 60 as an number ... give people a little room to pick up some youngsters(if that is how they like to play - develop a squad over time), when we have 1/2 the teams in the league, more players will be available to get so a little room for players does mke sence in my opinion

Barca have 55 players, I think 60 really is
    pushing the boundary, 50 is high but reasonable.

With 50 you've your first 11, 7 subs, cup 11, 7 subs and then 14 youth players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I <3 Princess
    with a smaller club it's more challenging, money means more, buying players means more, etc.
    look at the squads/ratings/stadium sizes of some clubs here http://www.soccerwiki.org/wiki.php?action=countryProfile&countryId=ENG

obviously a down side is there's big clubs in england too but i think it's worth considering

You may as well have been speaking Latin to Swoody regards that part

No
    swoody wrote: »
    imagine if we did skybet league 1 and league 2 or lower teams instead for the crack

That'd be good but I don't want to buy a world only for it to turn into a ghost town after a month or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

No
    Put me down for Tottenham :)

No
    That'd be good but I don't want to buy a world only for it to turn into a ghost town after a month or two

i'd turn Barnet into Barca

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you need people to have the appetite for it. you could even out the div.1 teams off limits

i'd rather it but it's time consuming & hard work.
    like if you've mansfield say with a 10k stadium & around an avg. rating of 71/72 you can't be just going an signing anyone - it'll kill you, you need to be buying guaranteed risers, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

No
    Originally Posted by Princess Petulia Pissy Pants View Post
    1.PPPP -CHELSEA
    2.Herrick-TOTTENHAM
    3.Rayne Wooney
    4.TeamShadowclan
    5.Maldjd23
    6.gerp99
    7.IvySlayer
    8.Seanh
    9.swoody
    10.MrBlobby
    11.GT_TDI_150
    12.TheInternet
    13.12gauge dave
    14.MunsterMagic
    15.IRISH GOLDBERG
    16. Al Capwned
    17. Tonic Wine

rayne wooney take your pick quick and hurry this the f*ck along:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

No
    stick me down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I <3 Princess
    mackeire wrote: »
    stick me down

Please be a big stick.....

Advertisement