Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are my options?

Options
  • 18-10-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Didn't think I'd have to ask for advice here, two times, within the space of a week...

My phone was faulty, and needed to be sent off for repair. To set that up I directly contacted the phones manufacturer, who set the repair up with a third party.
    I receive the phone back, and the main fault is fixed, only thing is, it came back with two new problems, minors ones.

I contacted the repair company who claim to reply within 24 hours. It has now been eight days, and I've heard nothing back. I decided to contact the manufacturer to let them know there was a problem with the repair and that I can't get through to the company. The manufacturer claims to try reply within 48 hours, it has now been four days yet nothing back from them either.

What should I do next? Do I just keep emailing them in hopes that they'll eventually get back to me?
    Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Deal with the retailer. The retailer will have to be given the opportunity to fix the fault. This might get messy as the retailer may have to liaise with the manufacturer as it's possible the issues have been caused by the repair, which isn't the responsibility of the retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Bepolite wrote: »
    Deal with the retailer. The retailer will have to be given the opportunity to fix the fault. This might get messy as the retailer may have to liaise with the manufacturer as it's possible the issues have been caused by the repair, which isn't the responsibility of the retailer.

Thanks for replying!

The issues have 100% been caused by the repair. I thought that the manufacturer would be quick to react to that, since they were the ones that sent the phone to them :(

So you say it's worth bringing the retailer in then? I wonder what they'll have to say, or are their hands tied...

Yay the manufacturer got back to me today, they're sending it back to repair to get it sorted again.

Let's hope nothing goes wrong this timeee.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You bypassed the retailer by going directly the manufacturer. The fact is that you should have contacted the retailer first.

The problems were caused by the repair organised by the manufacturer, so I think it's not correct to go to the retailer in this instance.

dudara wrote: »
    You bypassed the retailer by going directly the manufacturer. The fact is that you should have contacted the retailer first.

Really? So that's what I should do anytime I have a problem then?

I genuinely thought that going to the manufacturer would make it easier on everyone. Especially since they both use the same repair company, I thought it would be smarter because the manufacturer would be more aware of the issue I was facing, if you get me?
    dudara wrote: »
    The problems were caused by the repair organised by the manufacturer, so I think it's not correct to go to the retailer in this instance.
    Hmm yeah, I thought that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement