Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to reball a GPU?

• 18-10-2013 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

My Hp Pavilion Dv7 laptop screen has just stopped working, it powers on fine but there is no signal. I have already tried the removing the battery and draining power method with no result and also have taken out and tested the Rams, it does not seem to be them either. I have been told the next most likely problem is a faulty GPU and this may need to be reballed. Does anybody know if there is any other way of doing this without using a heatgun as I do not have one of these, or does anyone know where you can rent a heatgun for a day?

Thanks.

Comments

A heatgun isn't a permanent fix. It'll work for a few weeks and fail again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Barryp6177

I know it's not permanent, supposedly it will last for 3-6 months. Even if it is only a couple of weeks I would not mind doing this again every couple of weeks until it eventually completely breaks it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There was an urban legend of removing the CPU and fan on a laptop and then let the heat build up for exactly X minutes Y seconds so the GPU would get hot enough to sort it's self out :eek:

Real Kill or Cure stuff :p

If you believe the legends

Advertisement