Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butlerstown Market Autumn Fair

Options
  • 18-10-2013 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Tomorrow Butlerstown Market is hosting a large food and craft fair from 10am - 3pm. It's in the Butlerstown Retail Park beside Harvey Norman (who will also have their big 10th anniversary tent out). Beat FM and WLR will be broadcasting!
    Rain or Shine-- in the case of bad weather, we will be inside and just outside the unit beside Harvey Norman.

We have nearly 50 traders with LOCAL artisan food producers and local handmade crafts, fruit/veg, fish, plants and firewood. Plenty of hot food, tea/coffee, seating and music! The Butlerstown Vintage Club will have some pieces on display.

There will be a bouncy castle for big kids and a teacup ride for little ones! As well as face painting, and treats for creative fancy dress costumes (kids and adults included)!

At 11am, there will be a free cooking demo by Caolan Harrington of Crough Farms, making a delicious venison dish.

At 12pm, there will be a Pumpkin Carving Workshop by John McDonnagh for ages 6+, bring your own pumpkin, tools are provided, €5.

At 1:30pm, Maria Roche from Marni Makes will do a Mask-Making Workshop for 7+, all materials included, €5.

Will be a great day out!!

http://www.facebook.com/butlerstownmarket

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Ah fcuk it, I thought this was next weekend! Was there a good turn out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

..Brian.. wrote: »
    Ah fcuk it, I thought this was next weekend! Was there a good turn out?

I'm the same Brian. I woke up Saturday morning with this nagging feeling I should be going somewhere. It was only about 3.30 and I passed by the market I realised. Raging I missed it.

Will it be back before Halloween Candi?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Was there - was smaller than I expected but purchased from a few of the stalls. Few nice food stalls; cheap veg; nice coffee; plenty of happy kids; Its a tough auld station for most stalls.
    The locations works but still think this should be in the middle of Town - near Plaza for example or The Apple Market into Spring Garden Alley.

Anyway well done to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

We'd be in a better location if it were available to us :) Unfortunately, that's the city's initiative.

We had to move from the carpark to the end unit (for the bouncy castle, pumpkin carving and craft stalls) and lined the side of the building with stalls. We had 40 traders, which is actually a large amount for any fair-- it just looked small since we had moved it to a sheltered area. Thankfully, as it poured rain twice!

It was a great success, all the traders did well and we had a constant flow of people the whole day. There won't be another fair like this until Christmas, but remember that the regular market continues every Saturday from 10am-3pm (unfortunately, this fair was my last as I'm moving :( ). There is a nice selection every Saturday as well so its still worth a visit on a typical weekend.

Advertisement