Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Street Hospital parking?

Options
  • 18-10-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Have to bring my son up to Temple Street hospital on Monday for 11am.I'm on crutches,wife is driving. I checked their website and Mater car park on Eccles street seems closest.Is there closer on street parking?Is it expensive?Any other nearby options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There is on street parking outside the hospital, can be limited though. If you drive down past the a&e department and continue around to the right there is a car park lot (not an official car park) that some guys set up that people recommend using.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Great,thanks.Do I drive down Temple Street with hospital on my left and then take a right? Was using Google Streetview and it seems theres a Q-Park private car park nearly opposite front of hospital on Temple Street. May not be there now but.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Change over of staff is at 8am and 8pm, and the area around the theatre outside is only pay and display for a few hours in the morning, unlike the rest of the car parking on the steer in the area so you'll most likely get a spot there around 8:30am, but you may get away with it I'd you're lucky at another time, so it's always worth doing a drive around just in case.

Failing that, the already mentioned improv. Polish car park in a garage/warehouse round the back is your best bet for cheap parking.

They also accept park by text for on-street parking so register for that online ahead of time and you don't need a parking ticket, it's as easy as just texting "park zoneColour minutes yourReg" and it will register on their system rather than you having to sort out a ticket.

Just be careful as they send you a reminder to redo it 10 minutes before it runs out, but if you send another text right away to extend it, it overlaps by that 10 minutes and if you're there for a while it can really add up. It's definitely worth it though, just for the convenience of not having to come out to do the ticket each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

toby2111 wrote: »
    Great,thanks.Do I drive down Temple Street with hospital on my left and then take a right? Was using Google Streetview and it seems theres a Q-Park private car park nearly opposite front of hospital on Temple Street. May not be there now but.

Thats the Belvedere college car park its only open to the public after school hours aka 15:30 pm

Were is that Polish car park?Is it on Temple Street itself?

• Advertisement

If you are driving down Temple St with the hospital on your left, it's the next left after the private rooms, marked Nerney's Court on google maps I think, but if someone else could clarify that would be great.

We usually park in the Hardwicke St flats, but a lot of people don't recommend it because there have been a few break ins.

drive in the main bit where the ambulances drop off. Drop off your own passengers there so they can go to hospital reception to get the balk rolling and as you come out of the other side of the hospital grounds (there's a blue line on the road to indicate the edge of hospital grounds) look left and you'll see the sign on the corner there just a few yards away.

Yeah,just read something about break ins around those flats,thats the last thing we need!!I;ll try that Nerneys Court option if its safer so,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Dancor wrote: »

Not when you're on crutches...

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    Not when you're on crutches...

Yeh,as close as possible would be handy!!Dont fancy a long hobble on crutches!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Take a chance and take a spin around the temple theatre, you may be lucky and you don't have to pay after 10am.

Just a note on the (unofficial) carpark down to the left of the hospital, it fills up quick in the morning so you may want to get there early

Is that theatre just up the road from hospital towards Dorset street?
    Appointment is 11.15 so we wont be that early,prob 10.45ish

It's the church like building just before the hospital on the way from Dorset St. There's parking in behind the theatre too, so go around.

Cool,thanks a million folks

Cool,thanks a million folks
    it's only in that square around the theatre though, everywhere else on the street is past and display all day and not cheap, so don't get caught out, the clampers love it round there, lots of easy pickings for them.

Definitely register for the Dublin Parking thing though, it's very handy in a pinch when you're stuck for time.

Is that area at back of theatre definitely free?Looked at google Streetview and theres parking signs there. If it is free,it'll defo be full by 11am but I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Is that area at back of theatre definitely free?Looked at google Streetview and theres parking signs there. If it is free,it'll defo be full by 11am but I'll give it a shot.

It's free after 10 or 11 but we always take a chance when we are there and take a spin around just incase, there is also parking along the laneway out of the hospital, if you go down where the ambulances go, the road bends to the right, you will see a laneway ahead that goes under a bridge, you may get parking there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

I'm there at least once every two months at various times of the day. There's plenty of parking directly outside the hospital, around the corner and down the road a little way (200 metres). You may have to drive up and down the road directly outside to find a spot but you would be unlucky not to find one. There's always ones down hill street and gardiner place..

It's a yellow zone so €2.90 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Yeh,as close as possible would be handy!!Dont fancy a long hobble on crutches!!

Then get dropped off and let the wife park the motor. It's a busy area for parking. You might be lucky and get some on street but if not the Mater is the most secure and easily accessible.

• Advertisement

Ok,will do,thanks

hairyslug wrote: »
    It's free after 10 or 11 but we always take a chance when we are there and take a spin around just incase
    it's pay and display (or text) from 7am to 11am now (used to be 10am). It's used by a lot of staff, so you're most likely to get spaces around the changeover time after 8am. Outpatients all turn up from 9am though, so it fills up quickly after the staff leave, so you really do need to be there early.

If there's not too many people waiting there when you drive round, just drop the semi abled passenger at the door and come back and hang around until something opens up.

Advertisement