Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank to Credit Union transfer

Options
  • 18-10-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can transfer money from online banking to a Credit Union account?

My CC book has a sort code and account number so in theory you should be able to but I don't want to try until I know for sure!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Does anyone know if you can transfer money from online banking to a Credit Union account?

My CC book has a sort code and account number so in theory you should be able to but I don't want to try until I know for sure!

Thanks

You should check with your Credit Union before sending money anywhere, but most likely you need to send funds to that sort code and account number with your credit union account number as the payment reference.

After that it depends what way you have your credit union account set up, e.g. if you have a loan you can trigger it so any money you send will go to the loan, otherwise the monthly amount due goes to the loan and the balance to your savings/shares.

Advertisement