Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs Southampton match thread. k/o 15.00 Setanta1.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Deserved it. Awful substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

new it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

**** this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS.

I want to be in that number....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Totally deserved

As long as Moyes is at the club the longer this will last

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

**** off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Negative tactics dont work..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What a mess again.

Brutal attempt by Evans at marking Lovern

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Bollox!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

no he just always goes defensive because he hasnt a clue about how united should play. 1-0 up at home we should be going for it

instead we go so bloody negative

edit: and there it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lucky thing giggs is on now to try get the winner!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hopefully those subs don't cost us 2 points

Well

negativity!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Headshot wrote: »
    As long as Moyes is at the club the longer this will last

FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Moyes can get ****ed with his cowardly tactics. One of the best squads in the league and he refuses to use it properly. Terrified of losing. Also, Welbeck's run earlier. The guy has the pace of a hundred metre sprinter but his decision making and belief in his own ability are completely lacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fergie and Gill not happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I cannot understand the subs made here hopefully we rescue this

Welbeck fuccckkkk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

FFS.

True though. Too defensive. No clue about how to get the best out of Utd. We are not a hold on to 1-0 team. Giggs should be nowhere near the squad. Never mind getting on ahead of any younger players. That's a defensive mindset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

How long the fcuk does Welbeck want on the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Ah Welbeck, disgraceful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Welbeck and his big dosey touch. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wellbeck, fcukin useless, why didn't he just bang that?

Schoolboy stuff from Welbeck!!:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Moyes can get ****ed with his cowardly tactics. One of the best squads in the league and he refuses to use it properly. Terrified of losing. Also, Welbeck's run earlier. The guy has the pace of a hundred metre sprinter but his decision making and belief in his own ability are completely lacking

Fcuking stupid substitutions. Southampton have very little in attack, but sure lets take off Rooney and add another defender. On we go...heads up etc. In Moyes we trust etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ankles wrote: »
    True though.

Can I get the lotto numbers?

Honestly, I'm embarrassed for ya's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

This and this.

League gone and no one else to blame but Moyes and his substitutions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Thats that lads this is the best where gonna see until something major changes at this club.

Tactics are a ****ing total disgrace we were playing some good football and he ****ing took off Nani.

Hes way out of his depth at this club ffs.

Sick watching this and seeing Chelsea and Arsenal hammer teams.

Dont care how long hes been here hes not good enough and this team is going backwards instead of forwards.

Feckin' rubbish!!

joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United got some urgency when they went 1-1, if they had that before they conceded, then I think they would have held on.

Kagawa and Hernandez sitting on the bench being made total fools of while he brings on poxy Giggs that says everything about the way this team is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

RobertKK wrote: »
    United got some urgency when they went 1-1, if they had that before they conceded, then I think they would have held on.

They went 1-1 in the 89th minute and hardly created anything in stoppage time. What ****e are you talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Well done Southampton, good team who play decent football

They just need to sort out the final third/Osvaldo and they'd be a serious outfit. platers like Lallana and Ward Prowse have really pushed on

Kagawa and Hernandez sitting on the bench being made total fools of while he brings on poxy Giggs that says everything about the way this team is going.

Yes, Giggs should only be played as a last resort, not a first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I really am failing to understand the need for putting smalling on?

We conceded with what 7 minutes left... We didn't create one chance after going behind....

Moyes needs to take this on his own head and admit it, awful decisions for the subs. Pure negativity, even when we went to 1-1 it seemed like we were happy with a point.

There's no way we should have been settling for 1-0 so early...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You would swear that Southampton were actually creating anything - the Clyne shot is about all I can remember. Jones and Evans had a comfortable afternoon. But sure, we'll hang on for a sneaky 1-0. Bring on Giggs for experience, bring on Welbeck to run the channels and hang onto the ball and bring on Chris Smalling for Wayne Rooney to shore things up at the back. Against Southampton. As manager of Manchester United.

Moyes has actively sabotaged a result for himself today by making those substitutions. Absolutely bizarre.

They went 1-1 in the 89th minute and hardly created anything in stoppage time. What ****e are you talking?

You could see a higher pace after the goal went in, I think they slacked a bit towards the end, paid the price and had no time to repsond.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Yes, Giggs should only be played as a last resort, not a first one.

Everytime i see him run on i think what the ****ing **** is Moyes playing at......

Are they playing him at this stage just so he can keep that scoring record going ? Because hes no use to the team otherwise.

****ing retire and let young players play not sit on the bench and get frustrated until the point of no return and another club saves them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Throughout the whole game there was no movement from the midfield to get the ball when we were coming out from the back. We are so ****ing static it's not funny.

Personally, I felt the goal was gonna come before those subs but **** me, what a strange bunch of substitutions. Nani was our most dangerous player even if he was fading out of it a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Throughout the whole game there was no movement from the midfield to get the ball when we were coming out from the back. We are so ****ing static it's not funny.

Personally, I felt the goal was gonna come before those subs but **** me, what a strange bunch of substitutions. Nani was our most dangerous player even if he was fading out of it a little bit.

+1.

Watching us at times is like watching a pensioner trying to play FIFA with the controller upside down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Will Kagawa and Hernandez be looking to leave unless they get game time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

zerks wrote: »
    +1.

Watching us at times is like watching a pensioner trying to play FIFA with the controller upside down.

Gary Neville's Fifa comment bettered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Will Kagawa and Hernandez be looking to leave unless they get game time?

inevitable at this point

Advertisement