Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Auctioneer's obligations

Options
  • 18-10-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

A friend has reached "Sale Agreed" on a holiday property.

There was some confusion re Management Companies fees etc so he got in contact with a representative.

This person informed my friend (somewhat aggressively) that substantial fees were owed to the management company & that if my friend attempted to complete the purchase that he would be denied access to the property & pursued through the courts for the outstanding fees.

He also claimed that the sale of the property is not legal and that the auctioneer was aware of this. He was less than civil to my friend.

Of even more concern, he claimed that the auctioneers, a very prominent firm, were aware of all issues including the outstanding monies and that a number of potential buyers had got to this stage before withdrawing.

Surely the auctioneers have some obligation to inform potential buyers of issues that they are aware of before allowing potential buyers incur expenses through valuations, engineers reports etc???

Is there a governing body for auctioneers that my friend can report this firm to?

Is there any point in making an issue of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The solicitor will deal with this. It's nothing to do with the auctioneers. The vendor will have to clear the fees before closing.

Advertisement