Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap taxi or alternative transport to Knock Airport

Options
  • 18-10-2013 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭

Hi all, can anyone recommend a cheap enough taxi to Knock Airport mid morning, mid week.

I only want it one way and the bus is €36 for 1 adult and 2 kids. I'd rather give a cab driver a bit of business.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Got 1 quote for €70. Is that pretty much standard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Kettleson wrote: »
    Got 1 quote for €70. Is that pretty much standard?

That's pretty standard from what I can gather. You might get better by doing a deal and offer say €60 to Knock before hopping into a taxi, some will just take it and turn off the meter. If its a quite day I'm sure they would be happy to take some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Ring a few, the mother went there for 50 the other day but not sure you'll get much better than that, doubt you'd get 36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Ring a few, the mother went there for 50 the other day but not sure you'll get much better than that, doubt you'd get 36

Thanks Urban. Yeah I'm not looking to beat €36, the reverse, willing to pay more, was hoping some regular travellers might know the taxis that will do the run for the same price your mum got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'll ask her what fella she got if I can get through to her, not bringing me with her how rude :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Can give a lift for €45, depends when you need it.

Advertisement